[Chapter 41: "A Little Kindness"]

"...I said, I know."

"But then...But then why did you do it...?" Penny questioned with a puzzled frown, his hold on you staying firm while he carried on checking that you were alright.

"Because I love him." You confessed honestly, a heavy shade of pink shooting across your face as you continued speaking. "I love Jason. And when you love someone, you'd do almost anything for them. Including taking bullets. Besides, I care about everyone here. Jason, Michael, the others, you—" You stopped yourself immediately, your blush brightening once you finished your explanation.

"You're absolutely mental." Pennywise grinned devilishly, a mischievous look dancing across his features whilst his fury strangely started to fade.

"Tell me something I don't know." You laughed in return, the atmosphere between you two lightening up after you'd spoken with him.

"But Mikey-boy here was right about one thing." The clownish killer mentioned casually, growing unusually agitated when Jason snatched you back into his grasp.

"Oh...?" You wondered quizzically, looking between Penny and Michael once you'd given Jason a warm-hearted hug.

"You should go home. You seem tired. And besides, not only are you unsafe outside Crystal Lake - you're not safe inside this place either." Pennywise summed up sharply - his golden-eyes now glinting with protective intent.

"Sh...e's-uh...pl...en...ty-uh...s-uh...afe...!" Jason viciously argued - hating how now Michael and Pennywise were against him. [A/N: "She's plenty safe...!"]

"Uh-huh." Penny's tone dripped with distrust, the clown not believing the Crystal Lake Killer in the slightest. "And what would've happened back then if I hadn't stopped Mikey from striking up a battle?"

"That doesn't matter." You quickly cut in, seeing how infuriated Jason and Michael were, and how irritated Pennywise was becoming. "What matters is we focus on catching the unwanted admirer. Right...?"

"N-UH...OH...! Sh-uh...e's...N-UH...OT-UH...go...ing-uh...!" Jason exploded jealously, stamping his foot before pointing his weapon towards the clownish slasher. [A/N: "NO...! She's NOT going...!"]

"Oh my, is that tacky little machete meant to stop us from leaving? What a...juvenile weapon." Pennywise sneered maliciously, switching over to his dark personality and purposely hurting the Crystal Lake Killer's feelings.

"H...OW-UH...D-UH...ARE...Y-UH...OU...!" Jason shouted, swinging at Penny without a second thought and snarling at him hatefully. [A/N: "HOW...DARE...YOU...!"]

"Both of you! STOP!" You yelled desperately, wanting everybody's attention and wishing they'd stop breaking out in fights every few minutes. "I'LL decide where I go, thank you very much. I didn't come here so that you guys could start fights, or grow possessive over who gets to spend the most time with me!"

"S-uh...oh...y-uh...ou...c-uh...ame...here...j-uh...ust-uh...to...lea...v-uh...e...?" Jason miserably theorised, his eyes gleaming with tears as the masked male became upset. [A/N: "So you came here...just to leave...?"]