[Chapter 49: Bedroom Break-in]

"Now then, I assume you have to return to your friend, correct...?" Hannibal calmly concluded, his melodic tone of voice almost throwing you off as you blinked and shook your head with a dazed expression.

"Oh, I uh...Yeah..." You timidly replied, both of you exchanging a quick goodbye before you hung up and hurried back to Cadence.

"Did something happen...? You look more stressed-out than earlier." The blonde pointed out with bewilderment; taking note of how flustered you were and how embarrassed you seemed to be.

"No, no...! My roommates just enjoy poking fun at me, that's all..." You lied towards her next - feeling guilty by how easy you found it to tell untruths nowadays.

"Oh...I see..." Cadence delicately nodded, taking another sip of her lavender tea and trying her best to keep the atmosphere calm.

Biting your lip, you did the same and wondered what to say in an awkward tone. "Thanks again for letting me stay the night Cadence." You brought up gratefully, shifting the conversation topic away from you and more towards her. "I really needed a break from the unwanted admirer problem, not to mention my overprotective roommates."

"Hey, of course!" Cadence warmly responded, placing down her cup of tea to wrap her arms around you. "You're one of my best friends, and apart from Monday's...argument, I'll always help you, (Y/n)! Whatever you need."

"Aww, Cadence. Ditto!" Putting down your own cup, you returned said cuddle; hugging her tightly whilst you grew even more thankful. "I don't know what to say."

"Actions speak louder than words, so let's just enjoy the night and relax until class tomorrow." Releasing a light laugh, Cadence gave you a soft squeeze and then pulled away, shooting you a faint smile shortly afterwards.

So that's what you both did; the two of you watching horror movies and hanging out as time soothingly ticked by. Cadence was kind enough to share a pair of her pyjamas with you too - so you didn't have to sleep in your current clothes - and even promised to lend you a fresh outfit in the morning, her charitable colours shining through while you appreciated her compassion yet again. She really was generous, what in the way she behaved and how empathetic she always acted. Why she stuck by you after all these years was way beyond you. Shaking your head, you stifled a laugh and gave her another gentle hug, climbing into the other side of her bed straight after.

"Night Cadence~" You sleepily spoke, cuddling into the covers and growing tired.

"Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the boogeyman bite~" Cadence sung wickedly, her comment causing you to giggle - both from the boogeyman bit and how much it seemed to relate to you.

Your eyes fluttering shut, you were about to fall asleep when you heard the door quietly open, the person responsible clearly not wanting Cadence to hear. Luckily, she'd already fallen asleep - due to her being exhausted from her strange nightmare yesterday. Sitting back up, you panicked, recognising said male before placing a finger silently against your lips. Of course. Michael. Why wouldn't he be in here? Raising your eyebrows, you rolled your eyes - shaking your head a third time as he approached your side of the bed. Jeez...If Cadence woke up, this would turn into a complete and utter shit show. You...You just had to keep things under control.

"What are you doing in here...?" You softly whispered, an amused smile working its way across your face as the silent stalker ran his hand through your hair lovingly.