[Chapter 5: Returning Home]

Returning home was bittersweet; seeing as you enjoyed spending time with Jason and having fun while you did so. It filled you with a slight...sorrow, guess you could say? Knowing you wouldn't be able to see him again until Tuesday. Then, after realising how the other four would feel about your panicked promise, a sigh left your lips - not ready to face them all. However, going back wasn't as bad as it sounded. For one, you were going to spend time with Norman this evening - and once today was over, you were going to spend tomorrow with Michael, hanging out with each other whilst Halloween took place.

So instead your expression twisted into a happy one, the bittersweet feeling beginning to fade. Minutes flew past like the pigeons in the sky as you quietly hummed to yourself - the streets being strangely devoid of people and cars for some odd reason. Perhaps people were just preparing for Halloween early...? You kept thinking about it, but you couldn't come to any sort of fitting conclusion. You grew even more confused when you spotted something float directly in front of you. Stopping, you eyed the thing suspiciously - wanting to get a clearer look. It wasn't high above you, but it wasn't necessarily your height either - somewhere in-between.

This thing was casually drifting across the vacant road, moving too slow to be able to float. And just what was this thing? "A red balloon...?" You murmured under your breath, curiosity now controlling your tone while you wondered why on Earth a crimson-coloured object such as this would be randomly discarded. "That's...strange."

After a moment or two you suddenly snapped out of your intense bewilderment; shaking your head as you decided to hurry on home. "If I don't return home soon, the others will be worried." You reminded yourself awkwardly, reaching the path that was just outside of town. "Freddy and Michael especially..."

"I could say the same." "I don't think I've seen you around town before, are you new?"
"No...I live on the outskirts, in a house just out of town." Reaching the path just outside of town always reminded you of the first time you'd first met Hannibal - a small smile spreading across your face every time.

But all of a sudden you jumped, not expecting Michael to twirl you around before engulfing you into a very tight and overprotective hug. "It's nice to see you too." You dryly spoke, placing your hands on his shoulders and eyeing him with amusement.

Using one hand to pull up his pale-white mask - the other arm firmly wrapped around your waist - the silent stalker then pressed his lips against yours lovingly; his obsessive personality being made insanely obvious by this point. But regardless, it still made your heart flutter - so you kissed back and allowed it to happen, your eyes lightly closing while you enjoyed the moment. The fierce hold on you, the infatuating kiss, the adoring ambience surrounding the two of you...It was almost too much for you to handle. In fact, it was clear how much he cared about you, his desire to stay by your side causing you feel tremendously special. Well, that was until—

"Ah, (Y/n), welcome home." Now feeling horribly embarrassed, you pushed Michael away and hurriedly faced Hannibal - startled by his swift appearance.

"H-Hannibal...? H-How come you're here...?" You panicked, biting your lip and faintly blushing by him seeing the intimate kiss.

"Well, I do live here." He pointed out wryly, "And after seeing Michael disappear the way he did, I figured you'd finally returned. I see my assumption was correct."

"But how did you...? I mean, I hadn't even reached the house yet..." You didn't even finish, directing your question at Michael as you turned to look at him with a puzzled pair of eyes and a perplexed face.