• 47 ~ Let Me Be By Your Side •

Start from the beginning

"Oh." Y/n became more alert at the mention of another harbinger. "And that is?"

Scaramouche laughed. "You wanna know?" He crossed his arms. "Well, then. Let me introduce you to probably the most pathetic existence in the whole group of harbingers. Although, I'd still recommend you remain wary of him despite how weak he looks."

Y/n helped Aless sit properly on their shoulder while Scaramouche walked towards the door. "And that is..?"

"Childe, the Eleventh Fatui Harbinger."

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

Y/n did not know what they were expecting when they heard of the Eleventh Harbinger. Due to Scaramouche's words, they did not know whether to be afraid of him or not.

However, the stench of rivalry became more prominent when the two harbingers met each others' gaze.

"Oh, if it isn't the Balladeer!" The person named Childe spoke with a certain apprehension in his voice. "Are you here to spar with me this time?"

"Lower your gaze." Scaramouche replied. "You are in no position to ask me questions of such casual manner."

"You're really saying that as if I didn't just come here from all the way to Inazuma because of you..."

Scaramouche shrugged. "Not my problem if the Jester sent you all the way there to solve a situation that didn't need solving." He grinned menacingly. "Why did you all think I was going to run away, anyway?"

"It was the Jester's prediction." Childe crossed his arms. "It's just better to track the movements of some people."

Scaramouche tapped his foot sternly. "Are you implying something?"

Y/n, who was standing behind Scaramouche, couldn't help but wonder how he was able to tilt his head up to speak to Childe while simultaneously avoiding his hat from slipping off.

Anyway, they decided it was time to release some of the tension, so they gave Childe a subtle bow. "Hello, Mr. Childe."

Childe, who had seemingly never been addressed like that in the Fatui, immediately turned his gaze towards them. "Oh. This is your satellite, if I recall?"

"Indeed it is." Scaramouche said, throwing a sideways glare at Y/n for cutting in their earlier conversation.

"I see." Childe examined them for a while. "Speaking of, why did you come to look for me."

"Ah, yes. Give me the report you made on the summoning of Osial."

"Huh?" Childe raised his eyebrows. "That's a very classified information you are asking for so straightforwardly."

"What can I say? I dislike nonsense." Scaramouche shook his head. "Now do as I say-"

"What made you think that you could come here to disrespect me, and proceed to ask me for help right after?"

Scaramouche groaned. "Stop acting so emotional, for the Tsaritsa's sake."

"This is not Her Majesty's orders, so I'm not obligated to entertain you." Childe replied, almost with a tone of finality. "Now then, if you'll excuse me, I have more pressing matters to attend to."