Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 22: The Champion

Nicolette's Point of View

"Get up!" I heard a boy say...wait a boy? I looked up and saw Draco standing over me. Umm, awkward...I didn't really want to move at the moment. Besides, I must look horrific right now as I just woke up! I patted down my hair quickly. "Bloody hell you sleep like a rock!" he said pulling open the curtain and allowing bright sunshine in my room. I squinted my eyes at the light. "It's eleven o'clock, who sleeps until eleven o'clock?"

"Me," I said smartly while pulling the blanket over myself to block off more of the light. "And I would probably still be sleeping if you didn't wake me up. So about that, why did you wake me up? And how did you get up here? I thought there was this whole 'sliding' stairs thing when I boy tried to go into the girls section." Before Alaina and I were no longer friends, she told me about how girls could go to the boy's rooms, but if the boys tried to go to the girls room the stairs would turn into a slide.

"You weren't at breakfast this morning and then I managed to get Pansy to tell me you were still asleep and not in fact dead like she was trying to tell me." Typical. I rolled my eyes. "And that stairway thing only works for guys who weren't 'invited' by a girl up here, I already was," he smirked and stood there.

"Oh you're cool," I laughed sarcastically and pulled my head out from under the pillow. He smirked at me.

"You really are the first person I know to sleep past eleven."

"This is early to me. The whole wake up at four in the morning to go to a Quidditch match is not really my thing. I usually sleep until around twelve," I told him. "Now get out. I need to get dressed." He smirked and then rolled his eyes as he walked out of the room. He smirks a lot, but I liked it. I got up and got dressed. I walked downstairs and gasped when I got down there. I froze at the end of the stairs.

"What?" Blaise asked me in confusion.

"It's Halloween, right?" I said happily and Blaise nodded, not seeing my point.

"Good job genius, figure that out yourself?" Adrian Pucey joked with me.

They all looked at me oddly again as I continued smiling. "I can't believe I forgot about my birthday..." I said with a laugh. Then I noticed Bella running down the stairs with a small box wrapped with silver paper in her hands.

"Happy birthday," she called and then attacked me with a hug. I smiled at her as she handed me the package. "You forgot didn't you?" I nodded in response. I've never forgotten my birthday before. I was always reminded when people talked about going out for Halloween. No one did that here. So that's probably why I forgot. "I had a feeling you did, you haven't said a word about it."

"I can't believe I forgot either..." I admitted and laughed, who forgets their own birthday? I opened up the package and loved what I found inside. It was a ring shaped like a snake and I slide it onto my index finger not knowing if it would fit and jumped a bit at that happened. The snake re-wrapped itself around my finger tightening to fit. How cool was that? "Bella this is awesome, thanks!" I mentioned the other day how it would be cool to get one of those snake rings being that it was the Slytherin symbol.

"I can't believe it's your birthday," Draco said in disbelief. "You forgot your own birthday..." I suppose I would never hear the end of this.

"Yeah officially fifteen," I laughed. Everyone quickly said happy birthday to me. I should probably write a letter to my parents. I haven't heard from them since I had got here, but I was used to not speaking with them for a while.

"Bella," Draco said as we all walked down the hallway. "I got my father's owl yesterday, welcome to the family."

Bella smiled happily knowing that she was now part of one of the most known Wizarding families. After finding out her father was planning on escaping, she seemed to glow with joy. She always dreamed of meeting on of her parents. Now she possibly could. Britta joined us and stood next to Adrian with a smile on her face. "Let's walk a little faster everyone, shall we?" Adrian said, we all followed him faster down the hallway.