Chapter 55

"Hi" - Speech
'Hi' - Thought 

If one were to look closely at the four first-year Slytherins, Monday morning, they would instantly know that they had been up to something and it would cause trouble. Severus Snape was one of the people who could see through their masks, which is why he shot them warning looks and was not reassured when they smiled innocently back at him. Sirius, who was sitting next to the Potions Master, grinned when he saw the looks as did Remus, who was sitting next to his mate. Severus looked at the pair and groaned.

"What did they do?"

"All I know is that it's a prank first," Sirius said with a marauder grin. Severus thought for a second before his eyes flicked to the empty headmaster's chair.

"Oh, Merlin this is going to be one for the Pensieve."

"We hope so."

They began their breakfast, and Sirius was talking about the ministry, hoping that Fudge finally had some sense pushed into him. He had just taken a drink of coffee when the headmaster walked in and it came spraying back out of his mouth, he froze gaping in utter disbelief at Dumbledore. Snape was about to hex the idiotic marauder when he caught sight of Dumbledore and mimicked the grim's expression.

The whole Hall seemed to fall silent and as one they turned to stare at the headmaster in shock. At the Slytherin table, Harry was barely keeping it together as he looked at the man. It was Remus who snickered first, it was small in the beginning and that set Sirius off, then the twins before the whole Hall burst into laughter. Even the most severe teachers, Snape and McGonagall, were in fits of laughter. Harry was clutching Draco in support, trying to breathe; it was too much. Dumbledore was fuming, he was beet red in embarrassment, which didn't help him in his current predicament at all, if anything it made him look 10 times worse.

Albus Dumbledore, recognized by his half-moon spectacles, long white hair, and impressive beard that he could tuck into his belt, was bald. Completely and utterly bald. Not one hair was on his head or face, it was like someone had shaved him clean leaving his old wrinkled face. The four Slytherins thought they were dying. None of them could properly breathe, they had tears streaming down their faces and were flushed with laughter.

"Oh, Merlin." Draco gasped. "That is something."

"Hades, you are beyond words." Theo got out, Blaise merely patted the dark-haired snake on the back, unable to speak. Harry did a mock bow and tried to stem his laughter, he glanced up at the head table and it renewed his hilarity. Dumbledore looked like a prune with the color he was.

"He looks like a-a prune," Harry told them and they roared with laughter.

"I have to leave," Draco said, trying to suck in breaths, they nodded in agreement and left the hall, laughing. They fell in the common room finally able to breathe and collapsed onto the sofas.

"That was brilliant," Blaise said finally.

"I don't think I've ever seen something so funny" Theo agreed.

"Honestly, I didn't think he would look so bad," Harry said with a shake of his head, they looked at each other and laughed again.

"Come on, we have lessons." They grabbed their stuff and trooped up to History. Sirius and Remus were there already and they were both still in fits.

"Did you see his head, Moony?" Sirius got out. "It was shiny." The Slytherins sniggered at that, they took their seats as the Professors calmed down.

"20 points to Slytherin." Remus awarded. "For being punctual," He added hastily and they hi 5'd.

"Congratulations on achieving something never done before," Sirius told them.

"And possibly the best prank we have seen." Remus put in, the four grinned.

"We don't know what you're talking about." The four said together. They spent the lesson doing revision and somehow Sirius always seemed to point out the bald ones, much to the class's amusement. The Slytherins went to Potions, while the Ravens went towards Charms. Snape came into the classroom in a mood, some could dare call happy; the Snakes could see his dark eyes, glinting in amusement as he swept in.

"Today we will be making a hair loss solution." He told them and Harry couldn't help but laugh aloud at that. Snape got the class to settle and wrote down the recipe on the board. Harry went from the one he made and he pushed his notepad forward so that the Potions master could read it, he smirked and nodded before going to look at everyone else's potion. At the end of the lesson, most people had succeeded in making the potion. The potions were all bubbling purple apart from Harry's which was a lemon yellow.

"Class dismissed; Mr. Black stay behind." The class trooped out and when the door shut, Snape turned to him with a smirk.

"In those blasted lemon drops he offers everyone?"

"If I were the one behind the headmaster's most unfortunate position then I would say that would be the best place for an edited hair solution," Harry said.

"I see, and the hypothetical edited hair solution has no counter, it has to wear off on its own after consumption."

"Hypothetically, yes, but if one wanted to prolong the use of hair loss solution for let's say, past a week, he would cover the entire bowl and packet in said hypothetical potion that he made untraceable as well as scentless and tasteless."

Snape's smirk stretched.

"That would have the desired effect, hypothetically of course."

"Of course, Professor. One wouldn't want to be responsible for the headmaster's hair loss." Harry said seriously.

"Get going, brat."

The boy grinned and dashed off to lunch, he heard Snape award him 20 points and smirked. Dumbledore, much to his disappointment, was not at lunch and they made their way to Charms talking about the prank.

"How long is it going to last?" Draco asked as they sat down.

"At least a week," Harry replied. "Warrington had his hair back now so it wears off quickly, but unless he finds the source of the potion, something I highly doubt, he will keep ingesting it until it's gone."

"Brilliant."

Flitwick seemed to enjoy the prank too. The charms professor was teaching them simple hair growth charms, that would only extend your hair up to 5 inches, but it was funny and simple for the first years. They spent the double period lengthening their hair and Draco went mad when Harry made his hair grow all the down his back. Flitwick reversed it with a wave of his wand, but it wasn't before Harry had received a whack around the head with the blonde's charms book.

"Awe, c'mon Dray, you could have let me braid it," Harry said with a grin; Draco was not amused.

"One rule, Hadrian, you have one rule." He snapped and Harry laughed.

"I'm sorry."

Draco sniffed and turned his nose up, walking down to dinner ignoring his friend's plea for forgiveness.

"At least it didn't turn pink." Harry reasoned and Draco faced him in horror.

"You wouldn't."

"Well, if you keep ignoring me..." He trailed off and Draco glared at him.

"Fine."

Harry grinned, they dumped their bags in the dorms and headed up for dinner. Dumbledore was back and he tried to cover up his new appearance with a hat; mistake. Harry was paralyzed with laughter and at the head table, he could see his father with his head on the table, shaking. His dad had his head buried in his hands and Severus was determinedly looking away from the headmaster. Dumbledore got to his feet.

"I enjoy a good prank, but I would like the culprit or culprits behind this to come forward, they won't be in trouble, but the counter needs to be given; thank you." He sat back down and the four exchanged looks as if to say 'are we stepping up?"

"Nah." 

Words: 1348. 
Hey guys I hope you like it, I'll upload tomorrow. 
Ta!