Chapter 38

"Hi" - Speech
'hi' - Thought
$Parseltongue$
#Gobbledygook#

"Hadrian!" Draco shouted.

"What?" His voice sounded off.

"You phased out and froze, I called you 5 times."

Harry blinked.

"I need to do something." He muttered and began running back to the common room. He ran into the common room, ignoring the alarmed looks and nearly fell of the steps in haste to get to the dorms. He rushed to his desk and pulled out a journal he had been using to research on Riddle just as Draco entered the room. He waved his hand and shut the door and pulled out a quill. He wrote the name Tom Marvolo Riddle and rearranged it; his eyes widened as his suspicions were confirmed.

"I cannot believe it." He breathed out, completely stunned. He couldn't believe he didn't realize this sooner. With his scar burning and someone wanting to steal the stone, who else would it be but the Dark Lord. Dumbledore must have known placing the stone close to him to try and ward of the Dark Lord with his presence. He suddenly hired both the Potter's who were good during the last war, and were good at magic.

"What is it?"

Harry turned to his best friend still in shock.

"I worked It out, I know who wants the stone." Harry told him.

"What? How and who?"

"Remember when I asked you about Riddle?" Harry asked and Draco nodded.

"Well, I did some research on him, and found out that he's from a long line of unblessed from his father's side. But I couldn't get information on his mother because I didn't know her name." Harry explained and Draco nodded in understanding.

"But where did get the interest and what does he have to do with the stone?"

"I saw his name on the map and he was always near Quirrell, I mean he was literally on top of the man and the map never lies. In my research I found out that Tom Marvolo Riddle vanished in the late '50s, but when I checked the map today the name was there." Harry was excited now; the Dark Lord was in the school now so it was the perfect opportunity to talk to him. If his words were honest, Harry would join the man, however he had a few points he wanted to make clear. He wouldn't follow him as such and would never take the Dark Mark, which was a mark put on a Death Eater's arm as a sign of following the person, but he was getting of topic.

"I get that. So, you think, this Riddle person wants the stone."

"Oh, I know he wants the stone, and I also know why he disappeared." Harry said. He handed Draco the journal. On the page written was; Tom Marvolo Riddle – I am Lord Voldemort. Draco's eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"You cannot be serious."

"It all fits. Voldemort is an anagram of his original name. When Riddle vanished, Voldemort rose until he vanished on Samhain, when the killing curse backfired. I thought Riddle had vanished, but he was very much there, he only changed his name." Harry said to a wide-eyed Malfoy.

"That's all good. But, how do you explain that the Dark Lord is near Quirrell when no one is in the room?"

"Voldemort was famous for possessing people and his stutter is fake and there's something about him which is off." He left out his scar as he hadn't told anyone that it was him who Voldemort attacked.

"So, the Dark lord is in school right now, possessing Quirrell and is after the Philosopher's stone." Harry summarized. And Harry nodded. "The same Philosopher's stone that we have, right?" Harry blinked.

"Yea that would be the one."

"We're dead." Draco said looking at the door as if expecting the Dark Lord too burst into the room.

"I have every intention of giving him the stone if his answers satisfy my questions." Harry said sincerely and Draco looked at him, shocked.

"You're going to go to the Dark Lord and give him the Philosopher's stone after asking him questions."

"Yes, but I won't join a cause simply because others have told it's worthy." Harry told him. "Besides, I just want to talk to him. He seems interesting."

Draco sat on his bed.

"He seems very interesting." Draco repeated faintly. "This is it, isn't it, this is how it's going to end."

"Don't be so dramatic." Harry waved him off. "Do you want to come with me?"

"You're quite alright."

Harry laughed. 

Words: 757
I am so sorry for such a short chapter, but i still hope you like it. I'll upload the next chapter tomorrow. Bye!
Boredlife07 Signing off.