Chapter 45

"Hi" - Speech
'hi' - Thought
#Gobbledygook#
$Parseltongue$

Everything was black. Harry couldn't see, smell or hear anything but blackness. At first his mind had been foggy, swimming in the darkness, unable to work out the reason for the strangeness, and then it began to clear. He remembered Rosina kicking his broom and then blackness came. It had happened to fast for him and he couldn't control the air. He knew he had hit the floor because there was a lot of pain before he ended up where he was.

It was weird in the blackness; he didn't like it much because he was used to being active and not being able to do anything was horrible. Then a light appeared, singing in soft voices, he tried so hard to pull himself towards the light that he could see, but something was holding him back. He fought hard and when he finally got to hit something pushed him back. Harry growled spinning to face them and he nearly had a heart attack, when Merlin appeared in front of him.

"Are you insane? Do you know, Salazar is having a breakdown thinking you're going to jump into the afterlife so early? It is not your time to go yet, Harry, why are you trying so hard to go there?"

All Harry could do was gape.

"Harry?" Merlin said and Harry shook his head.

"Merlin?"

"Of course, have you forgotten me already?"

"No, no of course not. But what are you doing here, and what are you talking about?"

"I'm trying to stop you from dying. When you fell, you sustained numerous injuries, too painful for the mind to bear, which is why your consciousness shut down to deal with the pain. You ended up hear where you can't see, feel, hear or smell anything, and I am using highly forbidden magic to stop you from making a terrible mistake. The light, you fought so hard to get to, is on." Merlin explained and Harry's eyes widened.

"On as in dying on?"

"Yes, Harry." He confirmed. "I don't know about you, but I don't think you are ready to die."

"Oh, Lady magic, no."

"You need to go back to your consciousness to heal." Merlin informed him.

"How?"

Merlin motioned to something and Harry looked around, there was another light, one he hadn't noticed because it was not as bright as the first. When he reached out to touch it, he felt a lot of pain and he stepped away from it.

"There's a lot of pain, over there." He pointed out, but Merlin looked blankly at him.

"I will not tell you what to do, Harry, but I am confident that you will work out why you need to get back your consciousness to heal." Merlin told him and Harry nodded., the man worked this way.

"The founders send their best and they are proud of you, Salazar is especially happy with his blood heir and yourself."

Harry smiled brightly.

"Thank you for bringing their words." Harry told him. "And should you get the opportunity, tell Sal that the next time I meet him, I will get revenge on him for not telling me about his blood heir."

Merlin released a laugh, shaking his head fondly at the boy and patting his shoulder.

"I will leave you know." Merlin said softly and Harry nodded. "Just remember, Harry, do not go into the light. It is not your time."

The ancient warlock disappeared, leaving Harry alone again. Suddenly the darkness was all but more imposing. He didn't know how long he was there but he was planning on making sure Rosina wished she never came to school. He honestly couldn't believe what she had done or why she had done it. He had gone out of his way to ignore her, stay as far away as possible from her and then she had tried to kill him. Harry wondered how everyone was, how they reacted to his fall. The Slytherins were probably going mad, they didn't take an attack on one of their own, lightly, so he probably wouldn't have to curse Rosina after all. He hoped they had avenged him, the thought made him want to cackle, if they did Rosina's life was probably hell now.