CH. 17 Deal

For a change, Madison and I drove to school together. Peacefully without any real or serious arguments. The inevitable bickering was still present of course. We didn't want to kill each other though. Surprisingly, we actually talked. About our horrible teachers. But also acknowledged our easy going teachers. Talked about work. On stuff that we could both relate to. For example, annoying customers.

Laughing about an accident that Madison had with a specific one, we entered the school building. "She went ballistic!" embarrassed still, she looked down and covered her face with one hand, shaking her head at the memory. From the corner of my eye, I could feel someone staring hard at me. I looked over and noticed Amanda's deathly stare on me. She wasn't even trying to be discreet about it. "Ignore her," Madison advised.

"I want to slap her," I murmured under my breath.

"Just don't," Madison sniggered.

"What are you staring at, bitch?" Amanda acted all tough when I returned the sting face.

"Something very revolting," I retorted, eyeing her up and down.

"Oh god," Madison sighed, knowing what was coming. "You stay over there," she ordered when Amanda pushed herself off the wall to come my way. Unfazed, she kept making her way over. Madison's eyebrows furrowed, "Girl, what did I just say," she sighed.

Amanda's eyes flickered when Madison intervened, "Since when did you become her body guard?" she questioned with her ugly sting face.

"Since the time that I bitch slapped you," Madison retorted with a chuckle. Still butthurt about it, Amanda clenched her jaw. "Walk away, Amanda," I advised dryly, too bored to deal with her.

"You're such a hypocrite," Amanda remarked. Taken back, Madison raised her eyebrows. "You go around bashing Victoria and then defend her?" she shook her head in disbelief.

Irritated with her bullshit, Madison rolled her eyes, "Sure Victoria is a pain in the ass but that doesn't stop her from being my sister," she argued. Sister? "Step-sister," she corrected herself. "But you know what I meant. We're family now, so I'm not going to let some other idiot make a fool out of her, that's my job," she claimed.

"Jeez thanks," I murmured under my breath sarcastically. Unappreciative of my comment, Madison glared at me. "I mean," I faked a cough, "if I ever need a lawyer, you'll be my first call," I continued the sarcasm. "No hesitation," I reassured.

"God, you're annoying," Madison thought so. "Anywho," her attention shifted back to Amanda. "You mess with her, you mess with me," she warned. "And I don't know why you're calling me a hypocrite, weren't you the one crying about a month ago because Oliver chose another girl over you?" mockingly, she squinted her eyes at her in questioning. "You're making fun of Tori for something that you went through as well," she reminded.

Ooh burn!

Defeated, Amanda chewed on the inside of cheek, unable to think of a comeback. Filled with hatred, she looked at us from head to toe, "It was better when you guys hated each other," and with that said, she stormed off.

In victory, Madison and I exchanged a look and burst out laughing. "Yeah, whatever! Keep walking and find yourself a life!" Madison hollered after Amanda. "And leave ours alone!" wanting recognition for her remarks, she elbowed me in the ribs. Acknowledging them, I gave her a nod.

"Hey," Cyn walked up to us.

"Hey, Cyn," Madison gave her a bright smile, which made her blush.

"Can I talk to you in private?" It took my by surprise when Cyn's eyes landed on me.

"Me?" I needed confirmation. She nodded. "Um... Okay?" I exchanged a brief look with Madison. Spotting her friends, she walked off to catch up with them. Cyn's eyes followed her. "So?" I said to get her attention back to me.

Living With This Idiot (GirlxGirl)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें