iv. next chapter

pack mentality;❛ WONDERLAND ❜ ↷ teen wolf❝ I don't need you ❞

pack mentality;
❛ WONDERLAND ❜ ↷ teen wolf
❝ I don't need you ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Alice Whittemore did not, under any circumstances, believe in werewolves. Or witches or vampires or anything of that sort. Which was why she really had no idea why she could not get Stiles and Scott's not-so-hushed conversation from Chemistry class out of her head. At first, she thought they were just talking about some video game or something but after she thought about everything more, she came to the conclusion that Scott McCall might be a werewolf.

With his newfound skill in lacrosse, the way he ran off from the back-to-school party that just so happened to be on the night of a full moon and when he ran off to the bathroom in the middle of classes at least five times a week.

That was why Alice found herself skipping down the hallway after her last class of the day and making her way toward Stiles Stilinski's locker. While she knew Scott would have been way easier to break, something told her Stiles is the one with the brain cell in that friendship. He would give her a reasonable answer rather than make up an obvious lie and run away.

Her eyes narrowed knowingly when she saw Stiles looking through his locker and quietly walked over to him, her leather boots not making a sound as she casually leaned against the locker next to his with her arms crossed over her chest. She heard him zip his bag and when he closed his locker, she could practically see the soul leave his body, a reaction that brought a small amused smile to her face.

"Hi." She greeted once he calmed down and the shocked look on his face was replaced by confusion.

"Hi ── uh, hello." Stiles shot back, trying to regain the little bit of what was left of his dignity by copying her position and leaning against his locker.

Alice narrowed her eyes at him. She would be lying if she said was not fond of him. They barely talked but he may be one of the genuinely nice teenage boys in their town. She did not think that he had a bad bone in his body. While he looked extremely awkward and fidgety most of the time when he got brought into the conversation, he did not seem like he didn't want to be there. He just seemed like he did not know how to include himself in the conversation (probably because he was too scared Lydia or Jackson were gonna say something bad about him) and Alice understood that. The only reason she became friends with people that were not Lydia was because of her. Despite how many parties she went to and how many people surrounded her during lunch, she still thought that she was an introvert rather than an extrovert.

Stiles just did not seem like the type of guy who wants attention and she respected that. It was more refreshing than anything.

"I'm gonna ask you something," Alice started, seeing him nod and then continuing, "but I want you to be completely honest."

Stiles did not even hesitate to nod, his curiosity making him not even think twice, "Yeah, of course."

Alice was not stupid. She was not going to blurt out 'Are you and Scott werewolves?' without saying anything else. She had to make him sweat a little first, even though she hated to beat around the bush. "The night of the back-to-school party. Where did you and Scott go? I saw him driving away and then you chased after him." She let out a breathy chuckle and gave him a sheepish smile, "I'm sorry if my brother was being an asshole to you guys or something. I can talk to them if that was the issue ── "