𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 56

Start from the beginning

"Seriously dad?" Dad? I'm so confused. 

"We read three books of my list if that bitch is a hired actress," Axton whispers, pulling me into his side. 

"We watch five movies of my choice if your dad's clueless about this," I say and he chuckles turning back to the situation in front of us. 

"Deal baby, deal." God, this man is perfect. 

"Dad? I have never seen this girl before." Liar. They were in the family picture. 

"Lies." Kiara and I say at the same time and Axton looks at me like I'm mad. 

"Sophia and I saw you two in a family picture."  Kiara says and I'm a little taken back by her actions. 

"You're not getting away this time dad. I'm Piper Fallon, she's a paid actress." the girl, sorry Piper says. 

"I hope you feel like reading BookTok books tonight." Axton whispers and my eyes widen. 

"Denzell and my dad knew they were going to make this business deal, even before Axton and I were born. In other words, this marriage was arranged before our births." Sorry but I feel just a little bit of hatred for her. 

"But my dad wasn't going to give his daughter away for a business deal. So I've been hiding all my life, and this actress whose name is actually Natalia has been pretending to be me. I couldn't let Axton get married to someone he didn't know." 

"And he knows you?" It slips out my mouth, unexpectedly. I swear I didn't mean for it to be that snappy. 

"Yes, we attended summer classes in Greece a few years ago. Of course you didn't know I was Piper. I usually go by Remi." she explains and we process the entire situation. 

So basically we've all been manipulated by a hired actress? 

I don't care, he's not getting married and that's all that matters right now. 

The cracking of glass snaps me out of my thoughts. 

"You fucking bastard!" We're in a church Denzell. 

He pushes Piper's dad onto the table, smashing glass and the table. 

"You tried to screw me over?" he yells as he punches him over and over again. 

"My company will go down because of this!" Denzell yells.

"You fucking bitch!" Piper, sorry Natalia yells at me. 

"I was so close to marrying Axton! You took that away from me, you stopped my wedding!  On live television! You humiliated me in front of the entire world!" 

Is she serious? 

"Are you that dumb? You were hired to do this! It's not real!" I yell at her because who the hell does she think she's yelling at?

"Uh, another wedding will be taking place soon. All the guests need to leave." Our heads snap to the man speaking. 

"This is so frustrating," Eleanor says. 

"Eleanor you need to go home, Sophia come with me." My mom says, walking to the alter. 

"I apologize for the events that occurred today, however there isn't going to be a reception, or a wedding." My mom chuckles, but no one finds it funny. 

"Please, exist using the door on your left." she mumbles and the guests start walking out the church. 

"Sophia!" Amyra runs up to me. 

"Are you okay?" I don't even know. 

"Mhm." I hum and she frowns. 

"Axton come on, we're going to call this deal off, call the lawyers." Denzell says  and we all turn to Axton.