Chapter Sixteen | Crew

"Tom!" Paddy yelled excitedly and ran up to him, "Did you watch us win?"

Tom took Paddy's helmet off his head and smiled, "Sure did. Good job bud, really showed Harry his place."

Paddy crossed his arms sassily, "Of course, gotta put that twat in his place."

I took my gloves off and threw them on the floor, "So, how'd you like the show?" I asked, directing the question at Tom.

Tom looked at me with an impressed smile and a twinkle in his eye, "Well, I'd say it was pretty good."

"Pretty good?" Patty repeated, disgusted, "Is that it? She literally took Haz, your best friend and one of our best fighters, in a fight...and she won!" He scoffed, "At least her some credit you idiot-,"

"Okay, okay." Tom said, laughing at how offended his brother was. He looked at me with a smirk before turning back to Paddy, "Out of all the fights I've seen, within reason, her one was one of the best."

"Keep going...,"

"Not only did she show her fighting skills and techniques, but she used her knowledge and brain to defeat her opponent, thus showing that it was more than pretty good." He chuckled, "It was quite extraordinary."

Paddy looked at me with a small smile before turning to his brother, "Okay, that's much better." He stood next to me and looped his arm through mine, "Sorry for being a bit bossy Tom, I just want to give Y/n the respect and praise she deserves." He looked at me, "You're brilliant."

My heart crumbled just looking back at the young boy who was smiling wider than I've ever seen him. I reached out to ruffle his hair, "Aww, you're so sweet Paddy. I love how you're making sure I feel good about my skill set but it's okay. I don't need people's approval to know I'm the best." I smiled and put my arm around his shoulders, "But I guess it is nice to hear it once in a while."

Mark, Sam, Harrison and Harry ran over to join us. They were all red in the face and covered in sweat. Their suits were splattered with different types of colours and their shoulders drooped.

"How are you boys?" Tom asked with his arms crossed and an amused smile on his face.

Harrison shook his head and motioned to me, "I thought we were doing well at the start...until she came in. My god...," He sighed in disbelief, "She killed me, did you see her?"

"Just when we thought she couldn't get any cooler-," Sam said and nodded his head in approval.

I looked at them with a smile and stopped at Mark. He looked back at me with a smile on his face and winked to show me how proud he was. I winked back and looked down at Paddy.

"Well, I'm assuming everyone's tired...do you guys wanna get ice cream?"

"Yes!" Harry exclaimed and threw his gun down on the floor, "My goodness I think we all need it." He walked up to Paddy and I, "Alright, you two and Mark get to sit down and lounge while the losers...Sam, Haz and I will get you the ice cream. How does that sound?"

"Yes please." Paddy said and sighed happily, "That sounds amazing."

We all walked to the elevator and waited for the doors to open. Once they did, all seven of us got in and pressed the button to make us go back up to higher ground. I was squished in between Paddy and Tom. It was a bit awkward as Tom's elbow was digging into my rib and I felt like I was going to crush Paddy if I came any more closer to him.

"You okay there Paddy?" I asked.

The boy looked at me with a clear look of discomfort but nodded his head, "Y-yeah, I'm all good."