- 𝗼𝗻𝗲

❏ 1 | one◌ half-blood ◌

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

1 | one
half-blood

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

THE DAY STARTED OFF LIKE ANY NORMAL DAY FOR JETT. Wake up covered in sweat from PTSD triggered nightmares, have Butch coddle her until he was finally tired enough to fall back asleep, and then stare at the ceiling as the shadows were corrupted by prismatic rays from the stained glass windows lining the cabin. It was normal and average, nothing out of the ordinary. Well, that was until Annabeth Chase (Jett's longtime crush) waltzed through the door. With no pants and a line of dried drool across her cheek Jett flushed in embarrassment as the blonde just stared blankly at her.

"I'm sorry for waking you..."

Jett choked and sputtered on her own spit before choking out "I've been awake. What did you need?"

Annabeths steely eyes observed the frazzled state of the girl in front of her before smirking faintly and backing towards the door.

"I'll tell you after you've...composed yourself. Meet me at the Big House as soon as you can."

Jett flushed even brighter and just like that Annabeth was gone and the black haired girl was left to suffer from embarrassment. She ran her hands down her face and face planted into her pillow, letting out a scream before sitting back up and sighing.

Her crush on Annabeth had been going on for years. She was a year older than Jett but she couldn't help but find her perfect; her messy blonde curls always thrown up into a half done ponytail, the way her grey eyes seemed to respond to her emotions, and the braveness she constantly displayed. How couldn't someone have a crush on somebody as perfect as Annabeth Chase? Percy Jackson was lucky to have her- they were perfect together.

Jett was only knocked out of her daydream by the sound of her older brother laughing at her. She glared before picking up a pillow and chucking it at him. He just smiled before walking over and nuzzling his hand into her hair, running away quicker than she could smack his hand away.

A half hour later and dressed in a tattered band shirt and leather shorts (courtesy of her brother), Jett was now sitting at the patio of the Big House. Annabeth was explaining her dream to Chiron and Jett, the frustration and despair becoming more and more evident as she continued.

"She said I'd find him with the guy with one shoe in Colorado. Chiron I have to go, if there's even the slightest chance he's there I have to go see him!"

Tears were streaming down Annabeths face and she sniffled before taking a deep breath and composing herself. "Listen, Hera talked to me in my dream and she said that's where I'd find Percy. Something is happening and I- we need Percy to fight whatever is coming."

Chiron flinched before nodding, his eyes seeming to grow older as he watched her sadly. "Annabeth you will go to the Grand Canyon and find Percy. Go speak to Will about finding a ride there, I'm sure he'll be able to help."

Annabeth nodded before exiting out the door, Jett aiming to follow before the clearing of a throat stopped her.

"I want you to go scout ahead. One of our saytrs that was commissioned near Colorado said that he had found 2 unclaimed demigods around the age of 16. That was the last we had heard of him before he went silent. I'm worried something might've...happened to him. I need you to go and make sure him and the two unclaimed are safe. Scout out the area before Annabeth arrives and ensure that those kids are kept safe and arrive back here safely." His eyes held an intensity that she had not seen before. "Be careful and be safe, I'm counting on you. Gleeson should be on a trip to the Grand Canyon today. That will be where you find him."

Jett could only nod. "Yes sir. I won't let you down." She turned and hurried out the door, invisible beads of sweat building at the crown of her neck as the pressure of going on even a small quest was terrifying to her.

The last time she had left camp was during the second titan war. The war was bloody and brutal, taking so many lives and scarring those left alive. The memories still haunted her- sometimes she swore she could see the lifeless eyes of her old camp friends in the darkness of the nights. If she focused hard enough she could still heard the screams of people dying and the cries of agony and pain, of the life leaving someone and the witnessing of someone's life being taken.

Nobody ever talked about the effects of war, it was always glossed over with the idea that the final victory just erased everything bad that happened. You never were told that it would follow you like plague until the day you died, that the fear and panic would always be at the back of your mind like an unwanted fog. War was traumatizing, and they were all just children.

And now she was being sent on a new quest. She knew it wasn't technically a quest yet but she could feel the energies shifting- first Percy Jackson disappearing and now 2 unclaimed children at the age of 16? Something was stirring, and she wasn't sure if she'd make it out alive this time.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐋 𝐃𝐔𝐒𝐊, 𝘏𝘰𝘖जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें