♪ No One Knows Us At All ♪ {15}

Start from the beginning

Drake laughed heartily as he handed Zac his lemonade and placed the rest on the table. "Knock yourself out. You don't even have to ask. I mean, you are going to be playing on it."

I smirked lightly, stroking the hi-hats gently before scooting around the bass drum to get to the cushioned seat behind the set. "Pinch me, I'm dreaming." I muttered under my breath.

"Hey, I don't even get acknowledged?" Xander's elbow perched on the snare as he gave me an teasing smirk.

"Xander, get off the Spaun!" I yelled, slapping his hand away. He rolled his eyes at me and I craned my head up to see him. He, unlike the rest of Chasing Avenues, wore a shirt from Aeropostle and dark-washed blue jeans. His blue eyes gleamed and I noticed he had a Gibson strapped to his back.

When his gaze connected with mine, I blanked, exploring its depth to see if there was a sign of any mistrust, or anger. Yet there was nothing. Had Olivia or Carter told him yet? I should be glad he didn't know, but instead I was filled with an emotion I couldn't comprehend, wondering why I even cared what my 'friends' thought about me in the first place.

"Alright, alright. Sheesh. Hello to you too, Carson." He murmured, holding his hands up in surrender.

A loud clap from the center of the stage drew everyone's attention to Gabriel. He held a microphone cord in one hand, and the ever-present scowl was on his face. I was starting to wonder if that was his only expression. "Okay guys, well, welcome to Drake's house-"

"We know that already!" Drake hooted from Gabriel's left, strumming an obnoxious chord on his Fender. Gabriel flipped him off while Zac laughed.

"Anyway, this is where we'll spend the majority of our practices since Drake's got a studio, and this basement is pretty much soundproof," Gabriel continued. "And as you know already, Xander and Lacey, we're Chasing Avenues."

Xander shot me a grin which I returned with a twitch of my lips.

"We're going to run through some warm-ups first before we actually settle down and explain to you guys the songs we've decided we're going to audition with for the contest." Zac explained, putting on the strap for his bass.

Gabriel tossed Drake the cord which he plugged into a nearby amp. He added, "First things first, we play hard rock and alternative music. None of that pop shit. So, do you guys know artists like Skillet, Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin, etc.?"

"Of course," I scoffed, adjusting the seat height of my chair. "But you're missing My Chemical Romance, Black Veil Brides, and Escape The Fate."

"You, miss, have a fabulous taste in music." Drake pointed at me as I gave a mock bow.

"I try." I retorted. "What warm-up are we doing?"

"We'll start with something easy. Do you guys know any Three Days Grace songs?"

"Isn't there one called Barnacle I Have Begun?" Xander chirped, looking proud of himself.

"It's Animal I Have Become, idiot." I scoffed, rolling my eyes and wagging a drum stick at him. The guys burst out laughing at Xander's shocked expression and the slight twitch of my lips proved that even I was amused too.

Sputtering, Drake managed to laugh out, "Do... do you guys know the song or not?"

"I do, but I'm not sure about Barnacle Boy here." I replied easily as Xander turned pink eith embarrassment.

"Ah!" Zac cried out and pointed at me frantically, startling us all. "I got that reference!"

"What reference?" I asked.