♪ No One Knows Us At All ♪ {15}

Start from the beginning

"I was drinking that." Zac pouted, his small lips curling into a frown. Drake shook his head with a chuckle and gestured for me to go ahead.

"So, we usually practice in the basement, Lacey. It's right that way where Gabe disappeared off to." Drake explained, walking past the door he just pointed out.

"Where are you going?" I asked after him, bending down to shrug Rev out of my boot.

"To get more lemonade. You'll find out sooner or later that it's Zac's kryptonite, and that if he doesn't get any, he'll be as grouchy as Gabriel." Drake called back, his voice lost in the never-ending hallways. As I listened to the clinks of glass coming from the kitchen, I turned to Zac, giving him a curious look.

Zac shrugged with a sheepish expression. "What can I say? I love me some lemonade."

"Are you guys coming or not?" Gabriel's annoyed huff imminated from past the basement door and Zac sighed, running a hand through his shaggy, black hair.

"Come on, we shouldn't ignore the princess any longer." That caused a small snicker to fly out my lips, and Zac grinned, walking towards where the basement entrance was. "Ladies first."

I twirled my drum sticks expertly in my hands before giving one last look at the beautiful ground level of the mansion and heading down the staircase into the basement. "Oh, Zac, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Is Xander here yet?"

"Oh, yeah. He's already downstairs. He was helping prep up but I think we kind of ditched him when you answered the door." Zac laughed, the strength of his voice telling me that he wasn't that far behind me.

"Nice. Let me guess. Female at the door. Male hormones. Bored as hell?"

"Bingo." said Zac with a grin as we touched down on the carpeted floor. And as soon as my feet touched the ground, I felt like I was in paradise. I could feel my jaw metaphorically dropping to the ground in amazement.

I expected a drab interior with a worn-out couch, ratty old television, pizza boxes littering the floor, and a few instruments and amps lying around at the mention of the word "basement." I mean, that's what a guy's hangout looks like, right? But this completely surpassed my expectations.

Beautiful, vintage posters of legendary rock bands from the 80's were framed in gold, each placed symmetrically on all four, light grey walls. There were three red leather couches opposite a flat screen teleision, a coffee table, and a black recliner on top of an oriental rug towards the far left of the room.

On the direct opposite side was a recording studio; like a legit recording studio that I imagined I could find at Infinite Records itself. The sound board held numerous amounts of brightly colored buttons and flashing lights. The glass divider between the soundproof recording room shone underneath the flourescent lighting.

In the middle of the room was a small elevated stage, that held all the equipment; the amps, the guitars, the microphones. . . My breath caught in my throat.

The drum set.

"Is that a Spaun TL Series?" I choked out, my hand that held Rev twitched in excitement.

"Yep. It was worth a fortune, but I think it's worth it." Drake's reply came from behind me. "Here's some lemonade for everyone, by the way." He held out a glass towards me but I was caught in a daze, drifting towards the set.

"Dude, can I?" I breathed, reaching a tender hand out towards the drum set, but wavering over top it as if I were afraid I was going to break it upon impact. The set was painted a sleek black, with bright red roses painted onto the sides. Even the cymbals were decorated with thorn designs.