12.

MIKE'S POV

so apparently i'm holding a party get-together at my house?

the party just informed me saying they're coming to my house in an hour and i'm stuck at work not knowing that this even is happening.

"hey guys," i start a group call, "look, i'm stuck at work for another hour or so, so why don't you gu—"

"we're here already! take your time!" max answers and i know she's drunk as fuck.

"don't mess anything up." i warn as they grumble something.

"you can just not come home. toodles!" dustin cries before they all hang up.

did they all just trick me into using my mansion to get drunk?

jesus, did i fall for it again?

i groan, running a hand through my hair before putting my phone down and calling my new assistant in.

"yes, mr wheeler?" she asks.

"jolie, get me the reports from last month till this month and what the hell the marketing team fucking screwed up. oh and the proposals from this mornings meeting." i say as she nods, "right away."

i nod, continuing to sign and approve contracts and proposals as she walks in with a stack of files.

"it's getting late, you may leave." i tell her as she places the files on my desk with a nod, "thank you, mr wheeler. i'll see you tomorrow morning then."

"yeah.." i mumble and focus on my work as she exits my office.

as i continue to work and my mind drowns in the piles, my focus gets cut off by my phone ringing and i pick it up without bothering to check the caller id.

"what?" i grumble.

"what a way to greet me, wheeler." el's voice appears as i drop my pen and smile, "hey, you called."

"well you did and i didn't answer. i assume it was about something i should know so why not call back." she explains as i hear some tire squeaks.

"are you driving?" i ask as she hums, "yeah. but these cars keep honking and swerving away from me like a disease."

"perhaps it's your driving—"

"watch it, you little shit! this is a good fucking car and if you scratch this shit, i'll blow your head open!" el screams, cutting me off and making my eyes widen, "sorry, you were saying?"

"i said; perhaps it's your driving."

"don't insult my amazing skills like that. i'm good as fuck without a license." she scoffs.

"alright well i was only calling to tell you that i won't come to chicago in a while. work is shit so maybe in 2 weeks or so." i say as she hums, "sure, that's cool. check on hop for me then, make sure he doesn't eat snacks for meals."

"yeah, we do that." i say.

"oh.." she lets out, "okay well thanks. anyways, gotta go." she says, "talk to you later, bye!"

"bye, el," i hang up with a quiet laugh before setting my phone down.

perhaps i should leave all my work and just go home to the party.

EL'S POV

as i pet honeycomb in my arms (since i'm on dog-sitting duty which i don't mind) and pace around my apartment, i'm trying to figure out why the dude with a ugly name called spiral, wanted me.