Ch20: Breaking Free

It has been a few days since Seol had went to Jimin's apartment. Ever since then, she's been going back and forth between her apartment and Jimin's, making sure Jungkook is okay for now. Jungkook, who's been only getting quieter as days go by.

Seol sits in her living room, watching the news about yet another protest against the government's decision to establish concentration camps for the hybrids. The country has been in a frenzy ever since the announcement, with news of police officers knocking on people's houses everyday to drag registered hybrids to the camps. The movement is heavily supported by a group of people, with a minority protesting in front of the guarded camps, this minority being the guardians of the Code: GREEN and Code: YELLOW hybrids who've been forcibly taken away from their homes.

Seol knows it is a matter of time before the police come knocking on Jimin's and Namjoon's doors.

Her phone rings, and her heart skips a beat when she sees Yoongi's name on the screen, so she picks up as fast as she can.

"Yoongi."

"I'm okay. Are you?"

She nods to herself, burying her face in her hand as she lets out a sigh of relief. "I'm fine. Where have you been?"

"It's not something I want to tell you over the phone. It's been crazy, that's all I can say for now," He says with a small chuckle.

"I saw you in the prisonㅡ"

"I know. I'll explain everything later," He pauses, "Seol, I'm sorry."

"What?"

"Seokjin said he'd keep you safe. I had no idea he would... "

"What are you talking about?"

"I didn't realise how much of a monster he was until it was too late. But I'm glad you're out of there now. I wasn't completely sure Taehyung would do it, but he proved me wrong."

"Is Taehyung with you?" Seol asks, "Did you both plan to get me out of there?"

"Something like that," Yoongi replies, "I need to go now. Oh and Seol, I know you have your doubts about Taehyung, but he's not the one you should be mistrusting here."

Seol goes silent for a few seconds. "Can I see you?"

"Soon, I promise."

And with that, he hangs up, and Seol sits in silence, Yoongi's words playing in her head over and over again. Yoongi isn't someone who trusts people easily, so if he trusts Taehyung that much, then there's no reason for Seol not to trust him too.

The last time she saw Taehyung he was helping her escape that rusty cell, and the time before that he was kneeling before her, begging her to trust him, and placing a kiss on her forehead that had made her heart flutter.

Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears heavy footsteps in the hallway followed by knocks on a nearby apartment's door. Heart accelerating in her chest, she rushes to open her door and head over to Jimin, who opens his door as she walks out. Three cops stand in front of Jimin, one of them holding an electronic tablet and looking down at it with furrowed eyebrows.

"There's a registered Code: GREEN hybrid with the name Jungkook living here under the guardianship of Park Jimin," the cop says, taking his eyes away from the screen to look at Jimin, "I assume you're Park Jimin?"

Jimin freezes in place, his eyes fixed on the three men in front of him. He glances at Seol, who stands still in front of her apartment while watching intently. Jimin averts his gaze back to the cops, and with one swift move he tries to close the door, but the cop's hand stops it midway and the three officers force their way inside the apartment.

"No!" Jimin yells as one of the officers twists his arms behind his back and pushes him into a wall.

"Mr.Park, if you don't comply, we'll have to resort to violence."

"FUCK YOU!" Jimin yells, breaking free from the cop's hold and punching him across the face. "YOU'RE NOT TAKING HIM ANYWHERE."

The second cop rushes to Jimin as the two cops try to tackle him to the floor. The third cop walks further in the apartment, looking for Jungkook. Seol runs inside after the third cop and jumps on his back, putting him in a headlock. The man staggers for a moment then steps back, Seol's back colliding with the wall and her grip wavering. He turns around to face her, pinning her arms on the wall before she spits on his face and runs to Jungkook's room, locking the door behind her.

"Jungkook!" She runs to the bed, pulling the covers away and shaking Jungkook as hard as she can, ignoring the violent knocking on the bedroom door and Jimin's string of curses from outside. "Wake up!"

"Ma'am, open the door and no one will get hurt!" The knocks on the door turn into loud bangs as the cop tries to break the door open.

Jungkook opens his eyes, squinting them at Seol. His bunny ears stand on edge as he finally makes sense of the noise, and he sits up with wide eyes.

"What's going on?"

"We have no time, we need to get you out of here," She says as she opens the window, looking down.

Fuck, she thinks to herself. They live on the tenth floor. There's no way they'll make it out alive if they jump.

Crash. The door flies open.

Seol runs to stand in front of Jungkook, holding her arms out. The cop shoves her to the floor and grabs Jungkook's arm, dragging him out of the room. Jungkook struggles in the man's grip, trying to break free but to no avail.

Jimin's eyes widen when he sees the man dragging Jungkook out of the room, "No, no, no, no, let him go, let him go! LET HIM GO! JUNGKOOK!"

"HYUNG!" Jungkook screams at the sight of Jimin being held down to the floor by two men.

With one hard push, Jungkook finally breaks free from the cop's grip and runs to Jimin. The cop pulls out his gun, and pulls the trigger.

Bang.

---

A/N: Me leaving yall on a cliffhanger every 2 months

No regrets lmao