Ch12: Thirst For Revenge

Seokjin takes one last glance at Hanseol before walking out of the cell and locking the door. He hears footsteps and turns around to see Soobin sprinting towards him.

"The police," Soobin says between heavy breaths, "There's a lot of them. They're getting closer."

"Gather our men and get them ready," Seokjin says, strutting down the hallway with Soobin following him, "Arm the hybrids. Prisoners don't get guns. Where's Taehyung?"

"He's unloading the truck with the hybrids from the lab."

Seokjin walks to the prison's third gate where the truck is. He sees the hybrids leaving the truck with Yoongi and Taehyung standing on each side.

He walks up to them. "Taehyung, Yoongi."

They both turn their heads to look at him.

"Police will be here any minute. Take the truck, five prisoners and find the nearest firearm shop and take everything you can. And come back as soon as possible. This place will turn to a hell hole soon."

"Seokjin," Soobin says warily, "They can't leave. The police are already on the way. If they catch themㅡ"

"Which way are they coming from and how far are they?"

"The south 57th. About seven minutes."

"Take the exit to the east highway. If you move now you'll make it on time. Go."

---

Taehyung leaves the car, scanning the shop with his eyes. It's a small firearm shop on a highway in the middle of nowhere. Guns are displayed through clear glass, and Taehyung walks in, gun in hand with Yoongi and the five prisoners following.

The store is empty with none but a young man sitting at the counter who grimaces once Taehyung walks in. As the man's eyes fall on the gun in Taehyung's hands, his eyes widen and he slowly reaches for a gun hung on the wall behind him.

Taehyung raises the gun. "Move and you're dead."

"You're messing with the wrong person, you son of a b*tch," Says the man, his arms in the air.

Taehyung motions to the prisoners and they start grabbing guns, bullets, and pistols. Yoongi stands at the entrance of the store, watching silently with a pistol hanging from his hand. Taehyung keeps his gun aimed at the man, not taking his eyes off him.

With one quick move, the man grabs the gun from behind him and aims it at Taehyung. Taehyung shoots, the bullets missing the man and penetrating the wall.

"Not a good shooter, eh?" The man says with a smirk on his face.

"Put your gun down," Yoongi says, his pistol now pointing at the man.

The man turns to Yoongi, now pointing his gun at him. "You f*cking traitor. Helping those filthy animals, I see. You're a disgrace to the country."

"Put your gun down," Yoongi repeats, "You're outnumbered."

The man doesn't respond and puts his finger on the trigger.

"Don't you dare shoot," Taehyung says.

The man pulls the trigger.

Bang. Bang.

Two bullets are shot. The first shoots from the man's gun and lands on the wall behind Yoongi, managing to scratch his ear. The second comes from Taehyung's gun, and it goes right through the man's temple as his limp body falls to the ground.

Yoongi clutches his ear and shuts his eyes as a loud ringing noise deafens him. He looks up to see Taehyung who says something to him, but his voice is muffled and overshadowed by the ringing.

It takes a few minutes for the ringing to go away, and by then the whole shop has been swept, the truck has been loaded and Taehyung is calling for Yoongi to drive the truck back to the prison.

Yoongi starts the truck, glancing at Taehyung sitting beside him.

"Why didn't you let him kill me?" Yoongi asks, his eyes on the road as blood drips down the side of his neck, "Seokjin doesn't trust me, I know. Why else would he have you with your eyes on me all the time?"

"Seokjin doesn't trust many," Taehyung replies, opening glove compartment with the five remotes of the prisoners' electric collars in them.

"Does he trust you?" Yoongi asks.

"Of course he does," Taehyung replies quickly, closing the compartment and looking at Yoongi, "Don't try to act smart."

Yoongi shrugs. "Just saying. And you didn't answer my question."

"Because Seokjin and you had a deal, why else? You join us and he doesn't kill you."

"This wasn't our agreement," Yoongi scoffs, "He said he'd protect my family if I help him, he didn't say anything about keeping me alive."

Taehyung doesn't reply for a while.

"Not bad," He says after a moment of silence, "You're a little sharper than I thought you would be. Seol isn't that smart if you ask me."

Yoongi chuckles, "You think all humans are stupid, don't you?"

"I know so."

It falls silent again, and the truck slows down as they get closer to the prison. They park a distance away from the gates. There are a lot of police cars, at least twenty, with no less than a hundred armed officers.

"You're fucked," Yoongi says, "How will we get the truck inside?"

"We won't," Taehyung says, putting his gun on the dashboard, opening his door and jumping out of the truck.

Yoongi does the same. They walk to the back of the truck and open it. Taehyung starts handing the prisoners guns and Yoongi raises an eyebrow at him.

"Aren't the prisoners not allowed to hold guns?"

"I'm sure they'd me more than glad to shoot some officers," Taehyung replies, looking at the prisoners as they let out a few chuckles and walk out of the truck with the guns in hand.

Taehyung hands Yoongi a gun, takes two for himself and starts walking to the gates.

"Seol," Yoongi says, making Taehyung stop in his tracks.

"Only close people call her that," He adds.

Taehyung turns his head to look at Yoongi.

"Your point?" He says.

"She considered you family one way or another," Yoongi says, looking at his gun, "I'm just astonished at how powerful the thirst for revenge can be."

Taehyung tightens his grip on his gun and they walk towards the gates and to the police, attacking from the back. The conversation from earlier plays in Taehyung's head and he finds himself clenching his jaw.

Does Seokjin trust you? Taehyug pulls the trigger. No, no he does not.

---

A/N:

Idk anymore

Idk anymore