Ch19: Tired Eyes

Seol sits silently in the backseat of Namjoon's car, her head resting on the window as she stares outside. People are going on about their days as if nothing has happened. Perhaps they are comforted and feel safe by the fact that concentration camps for the hybrids are being set up at the moment. Seol reaches up a hand to her neck to not find the metal collar.

"Where did it go?" She asks and Namjoon looks at her through the rear view mirror, "The collar."

"I removed it while you were sleeping," He replies, averting his gaze back to the road.

"Without the key?"

"I pick locked it. Took a while but worked out in the end."

"Thank you."

Namjoon smiles in response, a smile that doesn't reach his eyes. Sarang is silently sitting in the passenger seat, her face blank and her fingers nervously fidgeting with each other.

Soon enough, the car stops at Seol's apartment complex, and she thanks Namjoon one more time before stepping out of the car. She looks over her shoulder and waves at Sarang who nods with a small smile.

There's a feeling of a pit in Seol's stomach as the elevator goes upwards and all the possibilities of what could've happened to Jimin and Jungkook run around in her head.

Is he still alive?, she thinks to herself. How long has it been since he started showing symptoms?

The elevator's door opens and she steps out, making her way to her apartment first. The door is unlocked, the way she left it when Seokjin dragged her out of the there. She heads to the bathroom as soon as she walks in, stripping off her clothes and jumping in the shower, letting the running water ease her sore muscles. She stays there until her fingers wrinkle up before getting dressed and making her way to Jimin's apartment.

Her clenched fist hovers over the door as she prepares herself for what's to come, then she knocks. There's the sound of a door closing and some shuffling before the door is opened. Jimin stares at her with a straight face for a second or two then slowly pulls her in for a hug. Seol hugs back, her heart beating violently against her ribcage.

They stay like that for a while. Jimin breaks the hug and lets her in, taking in her sunken cheeks, the red marks around her neck.

"Where have you been?" He asks as they walk together to the living room, "Your door was open and your apartment was empty."

"Long story," She says, looking around. It's too quiet.

"Jungkook's sleeping," Jimin says quickly as if he read Seol's mind, and she lets out a silent breath of relief.

"He sleeps a lot these days," He adds, sitting down on the couch and she sits beside him.

"Do you know where Yoongi is?" Seol asks.

Jimin furrows his eyebrows. "Yoongi? I thought you would know where he is. I called him when you disappeared but he never picks up. Is everything alright?"

"Have you seen the news?"

Jimin falls silent at the question, looking away. His eyes stay glued to the ground, his face void of emotions. His fists slowly clench then he finally looks back up at Seol.

"I won't let them take him. They can't. Not as long as I'm alive."

Seol doesn't say anything, and only reaches out a hand to hold Jimin's closed one, and they sit silently beside each other for a while, none of them uttering a word.

"Do you want to eat something?" Jimin asks, breaking the silence as he looks at her.

"I already ate at Namjoon's house."

"Namjoon?" Jimin raises an eyebrow, mulling over the name for a few seconds, "Your boss?"

"Yeah," Seol replies, "Told you it's a long story."

Jimin grabs his phone from the coffee table and scrolls through his contact list, looking for the restaurant number. "Maybe you can tell me that long story over some fried chicken and beer."

"I don't know about the beer," She pauses, then smiles, "But fried chicken sounds good."

Jimin smiles warmly back, keeping the phone in his hand and walking to Jungkook's room. He knocks once then slowly opens the door, leaning over to take a look at the bunny hybrid.

"Jungkook?" He calls softly at the black fur coated bunny ears sticking out from under the covers. "Do you want some fried chicken? I'm getting delivery."

No response.

He walks over, gently pulling the covers away and Jungkook lets out a small whine. Jimin releases a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"What?" Jungkook grumbles, pulling the covers over his face again. Jimin catches a glimpse of Jungkook's hollow cheeks and tired looking eyes. It doesn't faze Jimin anymore; it's been like that for a while now.

"Fried chicken?"

"No."

"Pizza?"

"No."

"...Burger?"

"I'm not hungry."

Jimin purses his lips. "You didn't eat anything today. Are you sure? You can eat it later today but just order something."

"Anything," Jimin adds hopefully.

Jungkook doesn't say anything for a few more seconds, and so naturally Jimim assumes he's thinking about it, so he stands still, his thumb hovering over the dial button on his screen as he waits for an answer.

"No." Jungkook finally says, his voice muffled.

Jimin sighs loudly, "I will order you something. And you will eat today. Come out whenever you feel like it. Oh and by the way, Seol's here."

Jungkook pulls the cover down to show only his face. "She's here?"

Jimin can't help but smile. "Yeah, she is."

Jungkook blinks, thinking for a second. "Is she okay?"

"She's okay, but," Jimin smiles slyly as he grabs his chance, "She really wanted to see you. And eat with you."

"Really?"

"Mhmm."

Jungkook looks up, carefully considering it. He blinks several times before sitting on bed and turning his head to look at Jimin.

"I'll do it only for her."

---

A/N: so Jungkook's not dead...

....

.... yet

 yet