Ch13: The Hybrid Fight Club

Seokjin and Taehyung had been on the streets for two weeks when Seokjin drags Taehyung somewhere, "a really cool place," is what he called it.

They walked in dark alleyways and through metal doors, they had to jump over a fence at some point and sneak behind big guards before finally reaching a long hallway with a light at the end of it.

There were distant screams and yells, and the closer they walked towards the light, the louder the screams went. They finally reached the light, and Taehyung looked around as he took in the huge fighting ring down below with lots of people sitting on chairs surrounding the pit in a circle.

Inside the pit, there were two menㅡtwo hybridsㅡthrowing punches and dropping each other to the ground.

"The hybrid fight club," Seokjin said, "I came across this place last week and I watched a few fights, asked around a bit. Sometimes the fighters are boys my age. They gain a lot of money. We can buy food with it."

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, finding the idea rather repelling, "What if you lose though? You'll be hurt and broke."

"Taehyung," Seokjin said, "Back in the lab, they used to make me do a lot of exercises and lifting. I'm a wold hybrid, which means I'm strong by nature, and they wanted to find out how strong I can get. I'm sure I can win a few fights. Also, nobody here has ever seen a wolf hybrid, so I can pass for a dog hybrid."

Taehyung looked up at Seokjin. "That's cheating because you're stronger and they don't know."

"You're not at that old lady's house anymore, Taehyung, this is the real world."

"But grandma sㅡ"

"She's not your grandma," Seokjin cut Taehyung off, glaring at him, "She's a human. Was."

"She was nice," Taehyung whispered softly, biting on his lip to fight back his tears.

"Maybe she was," Seokjin shrugged, "Or maybe you're a victim but you didn't realise it yet."

"That's not true!"

"Humans are evil," Seokjin scoffed, "Don't try to convince me otherwise. They killed my mother. And after your old lady died, what did her kids do? They kicked you out and left you in the streets. And you're only ten. See what I mean?"

Taehyung didn't reply this time, instead he looked back at the pit, his ears drooping and laying flat on his head.

"Now," Seokjin said, "All we need to do is find a sponsor for me before I can join a fight."

It wasn't long before Seokjin had convinced a sponsor that he was a wolf hybrid and could win any fight, and he proved it after his first match. And the second. And the third. People were going crazy about him, he was the thirteen year old Alaskan Malamute hybrid who came out of nowhere and beat every other competitor's ass.

Taehyung hated it.

There were cuts and bruises, there were broken bones and many spillings of blood, and although Seokjin's sponsor took care of the injuries to insure that his hybrid is healthy enough to win him another fight, he gave the two boys little money that secured them only one meal once a day.

"You should get adopted by someone," Seokjin said one day to Taehyung as they sat behind a dumpster, eating the bread they bought from the store, "That way you'll get food and a roof over your head. You look cute, and you're obedient, I'm sure some filthy human will want you."

"What about you?" Taehyung asked.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'll manage. But you can't live on the streets, you lived a good life before this and the streets are not for you. You can't survive here."

"But I don't want to leave you," Taehyung replied, taking a glance at the bruises on Seokjin's knuckles.

"I'll come and see you whenever I can. But promise me a thing, Taehyung. If these humans ever hurt you, don't fight too much."

Taehyung grimaced in confusion. "What?"

"Don't let them classify you as a Code: RED," Seokjin said, "They put them in electric collars and throw them in prisons. So stay obedient, and don't lay a finger on a human. We'll get back at everyone who hurt you, I promise, but not now."

"When?"

"I have a plan for that," Seokjin smiled at Taehyung, reaching out his hand to pat his head, "For now, take care of yourself."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Seokjin, who flinched at first but eventually hugged back, and they stayed in each other's arms for a while, their eyes shut.

---

A/N: unedited. will edit this chapter later.

Story time

I remember that one time I was out with my friends and I had just received my allowance so I was feeling rich so I walked into Sephora and had the AUDACITY to grab a chanel lipstick and ask the lady how much it costs. She casually goes "240 riyals" and to avoid the embarrassment I ask her if there are other shades and when she says no I say "too bad" and walk out as if I didn't have 30 riyals in my pocket