Chapter Forty-Eight: Blinded

Start from the beginning

"Red, I don't get how you didn't realize this but you and Jack had been attracted to each other since day one."

"No."

"Yes. Why else would he take the time of day to chase you down for money he clearly can replace in a heartbeat. Why do you think that he took the time out of his day to take you to the hospital? To try and comfort you when you needed it? Why was it you took the time out of your day to annoy him? Why you tried to avoid him in the mall? Not to mention the phone call?!"

"I don't know, maybe because he felt pity towards me. Maybe because I actually find him annoying?!"

"Yeah annoyingly attractive." Sam scoffs.

"Whatever. He deserves someone better." I grumble.

"You don't mean that."

"Sam look at me?! I'm a miserable mess. Why would anyone want me?!!"

"What's not to love or want about you?" Sam asks.

"Everything."

"Why would you-"

"After my mother died...I was told that I was nothing. That I don't deserve love. After a while I noticed that everyone seems to think that except for my mother, who made sure to tell me everyday that I was more than enough. Sometimes, to protect their children, mother's...they lie."

"Willow," Sam says using my actual name. I look up in surprise. No one has called me that in years.

"Willow." He says again, tears already streaming down his face. "You. Are. More. Than. Enough. The reason your mother made sure to tell you everyday wasn't because she was lying but because she saw through everyone's bullshit and saw you for the wonderful person you truly are. A mother has that kind of knowledge and power you know. Not all mothers though. Your mom was one of the rare one's."

"Sam-" I once again embrace him. Ralph squeaks and I laugh as we part, forgetting that he was in my lap.

"Do you forgive me?" I ask Sam.

"Always," he says. This time I make sure Ralph is safely a ways away before I embrace my best friend once again.

***

"SO WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME IS YOU RAN AWAY FOR NO REASON?!!!" Sam exclaims when I finish telling him everything that has happened. After Sam has made some great points and didn't shy away from putting me in my place.

"When you put it like that..." I say sheepishly.

"This man is willing to stick with you through all the ugly and you just...Girl if you don't call him right now and beg for forgiveness."

"I think begging is a little to much."

"With how much you put him through, honey begging is an understatement at this point!"

"Ok, ok I get it. You don't have to make it sound so bad," I pout.

"It's more than bad. I'm not sugar coating shit for you. Not this time!" He exclaims.

"Ok, ok I get it. Just stop making me feel bad!" I whine.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"You going to call him or what?" He asks.

"I don't know..."

"Now is not the time to be embarrassed." Sam scoffs.

"I missed this but at the same time I didn't," I scowl and press a familiar number.

"Red!" Jack says in relief.

"Jack I'm-"

"No, no I'm so sorry. You're right, I had no right to tell you what you need. I'm not your owner. What was I thinking? Are you safe? Is everything ok?" He asks sincerely.

"Jack, Jack slow down. Yes, I'm safe and I should be apologizing to you about everything. You just wanted the best for me and I'm sorry it took me a while to see that. Are you ok?" I ask nervously as the guilt eats me away.

"Yes I'm now ok. It's alright, I understand-"

"No Jack it's no ok." I interrupt him. "Here you are treating me nicely and I'm over here treating you absolute shi- I mean trash."

"Red, it's really ok." Jack tries to assures me.

"Jack it's really not."

"Can you just come back and we can discuss it then?"

"You want me to come back at five in morning?" I ask incredulously.

"Yes."

"Ok and Jack?" I hesitate.

"Yes?" He asks.

"I-I'm not ready to talk about a lot yet but I promise when the times comes and I'm ready I'll tell you."

"I know."

"I take you also know we have a lot to talk about."

"That too."

----

That's it for chapter Forty-Eight

I want to say we have two more chapters left but that might change!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

If you could sing any sing at the top of your lungs and not get judged for it, what song would you sing?

Thank you for reading!

Please don't forget to vote!