Chapter Eleven: Pillow talk

I know, I know, last chapter was intense but this one...Won't be? With that said...Let's gooo!!!

Song: Heavy By: Linkin Park

----

"It was you wasn't it?" Mr. Winter says calmly, too calmly. The coldness in his eyes warns me what is to come. I won't give in, I won't be scared, I'll defend myself this time. I tell myself.

"N-no it wasn't!" Ha! I showed him!

"REALLY THEN WHO ELSE WOULD GO THROUGH OUR BEDRROM. CASPER THE FUCKING GHOST?!!!" Mr. Winter screams and I no his patience had run out. I won't let the tears fall, I won't let them fall.

"I guess it was Casper the fucking ghost because it wasn't me." I say coldly. Oh my gosh, did those words just come out of my mouth?! I happily think to myself.

"Oh so you think you're so fucking funny?" He lowly asks and that's when I run.

"GET BACK HERE!!!" He yells but I don't listen. Quickly I run upstairs, I go to round the corner so that I could reach my safe haven which was my room but he grabs me before I can make. Without hesitation he takes me and throws me into an all familiar cellar like closet.

"NO!" I scream and try to do everything I can to get out of his grasp but eight year old me couldn't. I was too weak.

"We'll see how funny you think you are when you're mom gets home," he sneers and throws me into the dark cold space, slamming the door closed and locking the door.

"LET ME OUT! OK I DID IT! IT WAS ME! PLEASE" I let the tears fall and begin banging on the door. They knew how scared I was of the dark. How I was scared the dark cold space contained spiders that would gladly crawl all over me. My nails dug into the wooden door but it was no use. Hours I spent trying to claw my way out, curling into a ball, rocking back and forth, hugging myself, the only comfort I could provide.

Mr. Winter came home from work earlier than he usually does. I thought I had enough time to look around for my charm bracelet but I didn't. The minute the door closed and heave footsteps followed I knew that time wasn't on my side. I didn't have enough time to clean up, so I did the best I could and quickly ran into my room, hoping he wouldn't notice but fate wasn't on my side either. At first when I heard him head downstairs I let out a sigh of relief, but that all changed when I heard him call my name. The living room was their favorite place to beat and humiliate me. I knew what was to come. Yet I thought, maybe this time, there was a chance I could lie my way out of this. I was stupid enough to think I could. The door opens and I eagerly look towards the light.

"Pathetic," Mrs. Winter says as she drags me out by my hair.

"Ow!" I cry. She ignores it, dragging me all the way upstairs to her room. "So you didn't do this?" She asks as she grabs me by the chin and forces me to look around he room at the mess I made. Mr. Winter right besides her.

"No." I say angry at her, angry for the way her and Mr. Winter thought it was ok to treat me this way. How Mr. Winter called her MY mother. She could, and would NEVER take such an important place.

"What did you say to me?!" She growls, lowering herself so we're face to face. I spit, right in her eyes. She goes to strangle me but I push her away. Mr. Winter goes to grab me, somehow I doge him. I let out a cry, when something glass flies past my ear and shatters on the wall in front of me.

"Don't run girl," Mrs. Winter warns, but I know if I don't get out now. I'd might as well be dead.

I run and dodge objects as they fly past me. I round the corner in the hall, almost bumping into the decorative night like stand. I thank the gods that I didn't. Behind me, I hear what sounds like a drawer being pulled out of it's place. I'm so close. In a quick second there's a sharp pain in the back of my head, I lose my balance and trip, tumbling down the stairs. The world around me going black.

***

"You're lucky she made it. She was very close to losing her life," I hear an unfamiliar voice say. I spring up and slightly sway from the dizzying feeling.

"Hello darling, hey take it easy. here." The nice man says and hands me a cup of water. I gulp it eagerly. "Easy, easy," he says softly and I slow down.

"I-I'm in the hospital" I state.

"Yes, what a good observation," he says and I look at him in confusion.

"I'm not a child. So you don't need to talk to me like that," I say. I knew I was in the hospital because I visited at least two other times. Due to the Winter's. I hated hospitals, they held bad memories.

"Of course you're not," he says in concern and turns to look at someone that was behind him, I go to see who he was looking at and when I see who it is that's exactly in the room with him. I freeze. The beeping on the machine picks up. "Hey, hey are you ok?" He asks.

"Y-yeah," I say softly, shaking as Mr. and Mrs. Winter walk up. Mrs. Winter looks as if she's been crying but I know it's an act. Mr. Winter stands besides her, acting as if he's the comforting cliché husband.

"Are you sure, your heart rate-" The machine beeps uncontrollably, interrupting him. "Do the two of you mind leaving, the patient seems-"

"But doctor, she's been in a coma for a month. Just woke up, you can't really expect..." I block her out. A month?! I've been out for a- My thoughts are interrupted as she places her cold hand on mine. Her nails slightly digging into my hand. The beeping skyrockets and the doctor gets the two of them escorted out of there but not before they give me a warning look, which seems to due the trick and causes me to have a panic attack, rendering me unconscious.

***

I wake up with a gasp, sitting up in bed, sweat soaking to my body.

"Look who finally decided to wake up, after pulling quite the stunt." Mrs. Winter says. My eyes adjust to the dark. As if on cue the beeping on the monitor picks up.

"Oh no you don't" Mr. Winter says and snatches the call button out of my hand as Mrs. Winter unplugs the machine.

"You thought you could embarrass us and get away with it? No, you've gotten away with things for too much. Don't you think?" Mrs. Winter sneers as her and Mr. Winter make their way towards me.

"Please," I beg but they laugh. Mr. Winter grabs a pillow and Mrs. Winter holds me down.

"No. no. no." I plead but they don't listen. They look at one another and smile. In a quick motion, Mr. Winter puts the pillow over my face, slowly applying pressure. I thrash around but it's no use. Mrs. Winter, her grip is strong as steel. I'm running out of air, and since my body is relaxing I know Mrs. Winter can tell.

"Think of it as a gift." She says as if she's actually doing me a favor. "You get to see your mother again." Those are the last words I hear as I take my last breath.

----

Ok I lied, this chapter was really intense...I'm so sorry

Well the next one won't be.

I'll make sure it isn't, promise.

What do you guys think?

Until next time