Chapter Nine: Surprises

230 reads!!!! Woah, thank you all so much!!! You all are appreciated! Not going to lie the last chapter had me smiling!!! With that said, let's goooo!!!

Song: Break my stride By: Matthew Wilder

----

"Let me out, or I'll scream!" I growl.

"I'd like to see you do that. Zemke, watch her," Jack says to the hazel eyed guard who was sitting beside me in the car. Zemke looks at me and I look at him and smile.

"Hey, the guy who let me out of the trunk. My offer still stands. Well I don't have any cash on me but you get it," I tell him and once again he laughs. In that moment I find him highly attractive. Zemke was built, like bouncer built. He pulled off the muscly look somehow. He had dark black hair, perfect jawline, straight nose, plump lips, and a killer smile If I had to guess his height, I'd say around six-two. I couldn't help but smile back at him. Oh the things I'd let him do to me.

"You're a feisty one, I'll give you that," he says with a wink.

"Don't encourage her," Jack scoffs. The other guard who was driving chuckles.

"I think it's a little to late for that," he comments.

"Seriously, let me out of the damn car or I'm screaming," I warn as I shake my tied hands, wincing at the pressure the rope had on my injured wrist.

"Go ahead and see what happens," Jack turns and looks at me, his eyes burning into mine. I slowly smile at him and I know I look like the Cheshire cat. In a swift movement, I begin to kick his seat. "Stop it," he growls but I pick up the pace.

"Let. Me. Go. And. I. Will." I say with each kick.

"Oh you've done it," he says and unbuckles his seatbelt.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I ask.

"Sir, I don't advice you-" but it's too late. The car makes a turn and basically Jack topples on top of Zemke. I burst out laughing.

"Real smooth," I say between laughs.

"Let's see how funny I am as I strangle you," he says and lunges at me.

"Oh no you don't" I say and lift up my legs and kick him back. Zemke holds him back and I smirk, enjoying how red Jack's face is.

"You know what? I'm just going to leave," I say.

"How?" Jack says with a smirk. Smiling, I expertly take my tied hands and pop up the lock thing in the door, open the door, and since I already didn't have my seatbelt, I smile at him and jump, just as he orders Zemke to grab me.

"Damn it, should've tied up her legs," I hear him growl as the car zooms on by. I let out strangled scream as I begin to descend down a hill.

"Note. To. Self. Don't. Jump. Out. Of. Moving. Car. Nothing. Like. The. Movies." I say as I continue to roll on down. I make sure to tuck my feet and head in and let out a sigh when I finally reach the bottom. I stand up and use my teeth to loosen the knot and untie my hands.

"Finally," I say and gently rub my agitated wrists. I check my body and make sure I'm ok. I grunt slightly, when I feel a gash that I got on the side of my leg. I rip off part of my shirt and tie it around the wound. I take a look of my surroundings and let out an angry sigh, when I realize I don't know where I am. I'm surrounded by trees and a bunch of empty field. Is that a river I hear?!!

"Great," I groan. "Now I see why people carry cell phones," I grumble and begin quickly walking in the opposite direction. It's only a matter of time before Jack asks that guard dude to turn the car around. I make my way to the large area of trees and hide among them. I hum softly as I continue to make my way towards what I hope is civilization. A couple of minutes in and I hear a familiar engine slowly driving up. Without hesitation, I go ahead and hide behind the nearest tree. Thank the Gods that it's huge.

"I don't see her Sir," I hear Zemke say and I smirk.

"Damn right you don't," I whisper.

"She couldn't have gone far, she has to be somewhere in this area. How far can she make it in fifteen minutes? The nearest town is at least an hour away," I hear Jack say.

"I don't know Sir, she seems to do the impossible," the other guard says. "First with her robbing you, then escaping by jumping out a window and stealing your car."

"To robbing you again, yet again escaping, and now escaping you again by jumping out of the-"

"Ok, I get it!" He growls. "Since the two of you are of no help, let me out, I'll look for her myself."

"But Sir..."

"Unless you plan on joining me, let me out!"

"Alright, I'll come with you," Zemke says and I can hear the two get out. Judging by what I hear, there a distance behind me, yet not to far. I go to keep moving and hesitate. Last time I relied on my ears I was captured, can I rely on my ears this time? I shake my head. Now is not the time for doubt. I have to escape this man or so help me. Sighing, I quickly peek from around the tree I'm hiding behind and see that they're at least ten trees down from me.

"It's not a lot, but it's something," I grunt and continue to move, making sure to make as little sound as possible. I almost let out a strangled scream when I see that I'm about to enter open field. "What the fuck trees?!" I curse. Just to show the trees how pissed off I am at them, I also flip them off.

"Sir, I see her!" I turn and see that Zemke wasn't far behind.

"Damn you and your athletic physique!" I yell at him and book it.

"Samuel!" I hear Jack yell and that's when I hear the engine rev up. Pain shoots from the side of my leg up to my thigh.

"Shit!" I curse and ignore the pain and pick up the pace. I let out a slight growl of aggravation when I feel blood leak through the makeshift bandage on my leg and slowly drip down my leg.

"Stop! You're clearly badly injured, and I'm catching up to you," Zemke says.

"That and well Samuel has already caught up to you," Jack sneers.

"You know, it's amazing how annoying you sound, even from a distance," I shoot back at Jack and smile slightly as I hear him let out an angry growl. I get a little light headed and everything in front of me fades in and out. "No, not now. Please," I beg my body to keep up but it seems to ignore me. I find myself slightly swaying.

"I got you," Zemke says and that's the last thing I hear as I fall.

----

That's the end of chapter Nine.

What do you guys think?

I'm working on ten as we speak...well...You get what I mean.

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

Until next time.