Chapter Forty-Eight: Blinded

Hey, I know last chapter ended on a very sad note. Trust me when I say, this chapter will be better! Do you believe me? If not only one way to find out...I'm saying go on ahead and read the chapter.

Song: That's what I want  By: Little Nas X

----

"Hello? Oh, hey," Sam greets in surprise.

"Hey, can I?"

"Of course, of course!" He says and steps aside so that I can walk in. The minute I do, Ralph runs up to me.

"Hi baby!" I exclaim and pick him up, giving him kisses. He returns them.

"Yes I missed you too," I say in a baby voice.

"What about me?!" Sam asks. I turn and look at him with tear filled eyes. I gently set Ralph down and throw myself at him.

"I've missed this." He whispers in my hair as he hugs me tightly.

"Me too." The tears falls.

"Hey, hey what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to leave you." Sam nods and leads me over to the sofa.

"It felt as if you started this new life and left us behind," Sam says as he sits across from me. At the same time Ralph jumps up and sits on my lap.

"I never meant for it to go like that. A lot of things happened in this past month." I sob as Sam hands me over the tissues.

"You're not wrong about that." He sighs.

"What have you been up to?" I ask.

"Well I got accepted into the school, I've been doing classes for a while. I also met this guy named Wynter. He's pretty amazing. So far I'm doing well but I know these final exams will kill me."

"I'm glad you're finally living the life you deserve." I take in his smile and his twinkling eyes and I find myself tearing up all over again. I'm so happy for him.

"So what has been going on with you?" He asks.

"A lot. So I'm um...a sub."

Jack gives me a weird look.

"It's only because of a bet! But I've met some pretty interesting people. Like Samuel," I say with a smile. "Rale, Ale, Marquis, and I saw Lilith again so that was amazing as well."

"Lilith?! How is she?"

"She's engaged to Marquis."

"The owner of..."

"Yes," I confirm.

"You sure it's the same Lilith who used to visit us? But I knew she was engaged, her wedding invitations came in the mail a couple months ago."

"And you're just telling me this now?!"

"I was trying but then...Beatrice died and..."

"Oh."

"Yeah. So what else have you been up to?"

"Well I've gotten in a lot of trouble. Oh there's a club I have to show you, and you have to meet Samuel. I think you'll love him. Not more than me though. I don't know where to start, there's just so much that has happened."

"Including you falling in love?" He asks me.

"Doesn't matter now. I wasn't enough."

"Jack doesn't think your enough?" Sam asks in surprise.

"No not Jack, Zemke. You can add Jack to the list though."

"Says who?" Sam asks.

"Me. I'm not enough for Jack. I mean the only reason we're together is because of a stupid bet! He deserves some one better, trust me."