Chapter Ten: Buried

I know, you hate being left on a cliff hanger but...Can you blame me? Sksksksks Anyways what are you waiting for?! Let's gooo!!!

Song: Therefore I Am By: Billy Ellish

----

"Man you can't help but hurt yourself, hmm? Sprained, wrist, injured leg, which required stitches, and last but not least Sir's ego." I hear a familiar voice murmur. I immediately sit up, and hold my head with a groan. Letting out an angry growl when I hear some machine making a dumb beeping sound.

"Take it easy, here drink some of this," I open my eyes and as they begin to focus I see Zemke's familiar face and see he's handing me a glass of water.

"Thanks," I say, wincing at how croaky my voice sounds.

"You are quite the achiever. Running on an injury like that," Zemke says and I shrug my shoulders as I finish gulping down the water.

"Nothing I'm not used to," I say and chuckle nervously when I see Zemke's concerned expression. I was so used to talking to Sam who's very familiar with how I was abused in the past that saying comments like that was a habit.

"I meant, I've dealt with worse..." I mentally slap myself in the face when I realize how I made things sound worse. "I meant, that I dealt with worse you know, doing what I do."

"What is it you do exactly?" he ask and I smile when I realize he hasn't caught on.

"You know, stealing from the rich, running away, and socializing with the poor, making it just in time for dinner." Zemke laughs at the comment.

"Ah, I figured considering you stole from Sir twice, and managed to successfully escape him. Where did you learn moves like that?" he asks and before I can answer, Jack enters.

"Leave," he orders Zemke. He sends me a small smile, before he goes. I send him one back and glare at Jack as the door closes behind him.

"What do you want? Where am I?" I growl.

"You my friend are in the hospital, especially with that stunt you pulled-"

"I'm not your friend!" I growl and the beeping picks up. Annoyed, I take the IV out of my hand, along with the pulse thing attached to my finger, causing the line to go flat. Sighing, I go and unplug the machine.

"Who knew I had such an effect on you," Jack smirks and I snort, rolling my eyes.

"Please, Mr. Money maker, I've seen people more hotter than you." I slowly get up and turn. My feet dangle off the side of the bed.

"Ah, so you think I'm hot?"

"No, hence is why I said I've seen people hotter than you. Man what an fucking idiot," I murmur and place down my right leg which was uninjured. I let out a shaky breath, as I go and test my left foot. I suck in a sharp breath when I feel a sharp pain shoot up, as I put the slightest pressure on it. Counting to three I go and put full pressure on it. I shake my head slightly, I've definitely dealt with worse pain in the past.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jack growls and rushes over to my side and tries to get me to get back in the bed.

"Get the hell off me. What the fuck, does it look like, I'm doing? I'm getting the hell out of here," I growl. Getting my clothes from the nearby chair.

"You can't do that!"

"Why the hell not?!" I hate hospitals for very specific reasons.

"You weren't discharged. You're also mine," he says. I pause mid step and turn around and glare at him.

"What. The. Fuck. Did. You. Just. Say?" He smirks at my reaction. "I suggest you think about the words that are about to come out of your fucking mouth!" I warn slowly.

"I. Said. You're. M.I.N.E." He says spelling out the word mine. Getting closer and closer, until he was a breath away from me.

"I will never be yours. Let alone anyone elses." I tell him and go to punch him, but he grabs my wrist. Not caring that my other wrist was injured I go and punch him, satisfied when I make contact. He lets out a slight hiss of pain and holds his eye with his other hand. His sharp grip still on my other wrist.

"Now let me go!" I growl.

"No!"

"Yes!

"If you don't I swear!!!" I threaten.

"You swear what?! You're clearly badly injured, you can't possibly take me." He smirks.

"You want to bet?!" My voice comes out cold and sharp. My eyes look into his and I see him slightly back away, yet his grip doesn't loosen.

"I will not let go. Like I said, I own you. You are mine."

"Says who?!"

"Me. That is unless you want to go to jail, maybe even prison. I know I'm not the only one you've stolen from. There has to be others." He says knowingly and for the first time in years, fear rises within me. I can't go to jail let alone prison. There's a higher chance they'll find out who I am. I promised myself that past me was dead, buried, never to be seen again. How am I supposed to keep her buried when there's a threat of someone digging her back up? I shake my head. I will NEVER go back to her. She's dead, and I will do everything to keep her that way.

"NO," I say and yank my arm out of his grip and pick up my clothes and make my way towards the door quickly. Him grabbing my wrist and being in this hospital is too much. I can feel a memory surfacing.

"NURSE!" He yells as my hand grasps the doorknob. I turn towards him and glare. Slightly backing away as the door bursts open and at least two nurses rush in.

"Oh honey what are you doing?" One of them asks.

"I'm leaving, now move," I say and go to walk past her but her and her partner block my way.

"I'm afraid we can't do that. Doctor's orders," the other nurse says and I send a glare his way.

"Well tell the doctor that he can fucking suck it and that I'm leaving. Now get out of my way!" My chest was heaving and it seemed like everything around me was closing in. My heart was beating so fast and loud, I wouldn't be surprised if I was dying.

"Mark, help her," the lady says in concern, quickly leaving the room and I haven't even realized I was on the floor curled up until Zach crouched down and reaches towards me.

"I-I can't breath," I say through tears.

"Deep breaths, you're ok. It's just a panic attack." He explains.

"N-no I'm clearly dying," I say hysterically.

"I know it feels that way but," his voice fades out and I gasp for air, yet no matter how hard I try I can't seem to get air into my lungs. Did he really say panic attack? No, it can't be. Only past me...She got panic attacks. Red doesn't get panic attacks. Red is never weak, she never shows weakness. She's strong. She's brave. She's exciting, yet dangerous. You could try to cross her but it's impossible.

"She is me," I whisper to myself, before I take my last breath.

----

That's the end of chapter ten.

I hope you all enjoyed it.

What do you think?

Tbh I'm low-key freaking out.

Until next time.