00

Ruby Matthews had a facade she presented around her peers, it wasn't until awkward teenage classmate Otis Milburn learned of the secrets she wished to keep buried. It was simple, just casual sex, in secret. No one had to know of the fun behind closed doors.

When the secret was out, chaos ensured in Moordale Secondary School. The beauty had taken interest in someone that was an outcast. 

Otis broke down the walls Ruby had built up around herself, learning about her family and how genuine of a person she was without her friends surrounding her. Ruby became comfortable, as Otis had shown her genuine kindness.

Otis had a certain charm about him, that made Ruby fall in love. Something she had dared never to admit to any clueless teenager, but Otis was different. Once admitted Otis reacts differently than how she had intended and she became hurt. She didn't have her defenses up to protect her.

So the relationship was over. 

Ruby loved Otis. Otis just liked Ruby.

She had to return to the former, selfish girl she was. He had to return to the shadows, able to seek the other girl that filled his brain.

Although Otis felt guilty, he didn't want to hurt Ruby. He wanted to make sure she was alright, yet she was protected by her friends, both of whom put a barrier between the pair. 

So when Otis is stood in the small convenience store one afternoon, he's looking over his options of beverages he remembers a small detail about his ex-girlfriend Ruby.

She liked Diet Coke.