𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23

Banner, Tera, Thor, and Val were all unconscious

Banner, Tera, Thor, and Val were all unconscious. Tera woke up to see the realm of Asgard.

"I never thought I'd be back here." Valkyrie said.

Tera felt mixed emotions about seeing her homeland.

"I thought it'd be nicer. I mean, not that it's not nice. It's just, it's on fire." Banner said, gesturing to the burning kingdom that was Asgard.

Asgard was in ruins. A devastated ghost town. Fires, wrecked buildings, dead soldiers. It looked like all hope was lost.

"Here, up here in the mountains." Valkyrie commanded.

A projected map on the console showed the mountain where the stronghold was located. There was a red dot in the mountain, indicating where the Asgardian citizens were.

"Heat signatures. People clustered together. Hela's coming for them." Tera realized.

"Okay, drop me off at the palace and I'll draw her away." Thor said.

"And get yourself killed?"

"The people trapped down there are all that matters. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you three to help get everyone off Asgard." Thor said.

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?" Banner asked.

Tera helped Thor load a massive Asgardian blaster into the side of commodore. "Now the ship has guns." Thor sighed.

"I'll take it from here." Tera said.

Thor produced a bundle of fabric with gold and white plating. "I found this in the armory."

Val immediately recognized its significance. Tera could tell she didn't want to be affected by the gesture, but Val was.

The three shared a look as the commodore lifted off into the air. "Your majesty.Don't die. You know what I mean." Val said.

Tera smirked at Val as the commodore flew away. "Someone is attracted to my dad..."

Val looked confused. "No way."

"Um..darling yes way!" Valkyrie looked at her even more confused. "Sorry that's as cringe as hell.."

"Yeah. Yeah it was." Valkyrie said.

Banner continued to fly the commodore out across the city.

Val put on her gloves, cuff on her forearms, boots, and breastplate. "Oh hell yes!" Tera cheered for her. Tera grabbed her dragonfang sword and and it by her side. Valkyrie did the same.

Tera looked down to see refugees out onto the bridge , trapped between a giant wolf and Skurge.

The commodore swooped onto the scene. Tera manned the blaster and fired at the wolf, who stopped his charge.