𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10

Fire

Fire.

Death.

Fire.

Death.

Dark and cramped. That was the cage. Tera felt as if she was trapped.

Well, she literally was.

"Now I know what you're thinking. Oh no! Tera's in a cage. How did this happen?" Tera monologued to herself.

"Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of somebody. It's a long story but basically I'm a bit of a hero. See, I spent some time on earth, fought some robots, saved the planet a couple of times. Then my father and I went searching through the cosmos for some magic, colorful Infinity Stone things... didn't find any. That's when I came across a path of death and destruction which led me all the way here into this cage...where I met you." She said to a skeleton in chains. She smiled at it as if it smiled back.

"How much longer do you think we'll be here?" She asked. There was a sound of metal gears turning. Suddenly, the bottom of the cage dropped out and Tera plummeted until the chains halted her descent. She was dangling 6 feet off the ground.

It was a cavernous place. The walls, floors, and ceilings were molten rock, which had creepy glimmers of fire within it. Stationed in the center was a volcanic rock throne, and sitting on that throne was a charred demon skeleton Tera wasn't exactly fond of.

"Tera. Daughter of Thor." It said. He sat on the throne. Eighteen feet tall, flesh made of fire, and demonic spiked horns on his skull.

"Surtur. Son of a bitch...you're still alive! I thought my grandfather killed you, like, half a million years ago." Tera exclaimed.

"I cannot die. Not until I fulfill my destiny and lay waste to your home."

"You know, it's funny you should mention that because I've been having these terrible dreams of late. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins, and you Surtur are at the center of all of them. It's crazy isn't it?" Tera chuckled.

"Then you have seen Ragnarok, the fall of Asgard. The great prophecy--"

"Hang on. Hang on." Tera interrupted. Her chains were turning the other way quite slowly. "I'll be back around shortly. I really feel like we were connecting there." Tera finally rotated back to face Surtur. "Okay, so, Ragnarok. Tell me about that. Walk me through it."

"My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame, I shall be restored to my full might. I will tower over the mountains and bury my sword deep in Asgard's--"