𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

Thor and Tera sat alone when Heimdall walked up to them

"You're not in Odin's war council?" Tera asked.

"The Bifrost is closed by your father's orders. No one is to come or to go." Heimdall took off his helmet and placed it on the table. "We face an enemy that is invisible even to me. Of what use is a guardian such as that?" He sat down, looking defeated.

"Malekith will return, you know this. I'll need your help." Thor said.

"I cannot overrule my King's wishes, not even for you two."

"I'm not asking you to. The Realms need their All-Father strong and unchallenged, whether he is or not. But he is blinded, Heimdall, by hatred and by grief." Thor explained.

"As are we all."

"Well I see clearly enough."

"The risks are too great."

"Everything that we do from here on is a risk, there is no other way." Tera said. Heimdall hesitated before replying.

"What do you require of me?" Heimdall asked.

"What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death. Malekith knew the Aether was here, he can sense its power. If we do nothing he will come for it again, but this time lay waste to all of Asgard."

Thor held a meeting with Sif, Tera, Fandral, Volstagg, and Heimdall. "We must move Jane off world." He said.

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in a vault." Sif told them.

"There are other paths off Asgard, ways known only to a few." Heimdall told them.

"One, actually." Thor said. The others suddenly realized he meant Loki.

"No." Tera and Volstagg said in unison.

Thor and Tera walked up to Loki's cell where he was standing looking well kept and clean.

"Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me. Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock? And I see you thought your little pet." He said.

"Loki, enough. No more illusions." Thor demanded. Suddenly, Loki's cell transformed, the illusion was lifted and Loki's cell was a mess, everything was thrown around and he sat on the floor, looking unkempt and messy in the corner of the cell.

"Now you both see me." Loki muttered. Tera felt pity. Tera walked up to the other side of the cell to be closer to Loki. Thor stood there, he couldn't believe his daughter still loved her uncle. "Did she suffer?" Loki asked.

Tears formed in Tera's eyes. She didn't know why. There was no reason to cry. She nodded.

"We did not come here to share our grief. Instead We offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." Thor said.

"Go on." Loki said.

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you, vengeance. And afterward, this cell." Thor said. Loki chuckled.

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?"

"I don't." Thor said as Tera said "I do."

"What?" Thor and Loki asked at the same time.

"I do. Even though you betrayed us, I trust you. You are my uncle. I feel very strongly about my decision." Tears formed even more in Tera's eyes. "I-I-"

Loki also felt even more pity for her. She was stuck in the middle of the brothers. "I'm sorry." She said. Loki shook his head.

"Don't be."

Tera fell onto Loki's lap and cried. Loki just stared at her. What was she doing?

"Darling, go wait outside. I want to speak to Loki."

Tera nodded and obeyed her father. She left the cell and it was just Thor and Loki.

"Listen brother, I don't trust you. But she does. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you. You betray her and I will kill you. I know you have a heart. I know you have a soft spot. What is that soft spot?"

Thor knew it. He just wanted Loki to say it.

"Her." He mumbled.

"Exactly. Don't make me kill you." Thor said. Loki smiled.

"Hmm. When do we start?"

Thor came back to the meeting with Loki. Tera's face was buried in Sif's arms. She looked up to see Loki smiling at her and Thor looking at the group.

"He will betray you." Fandral said.

"He will try." Thor said.

Loki, Thor, and Tera walked out of the prison.

"This is so unlike you, brother. So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?" Loki asked.

"If you keep speaking I just might." Thor said. Tera chuckled.

"Fine. As you wish. I'm not even here." Using his diversion tactics, Loki turned himself into and Asgardian guard. "Is this better?"

"No." Thor said.

"It's better company at least." Tera looked at the bright side.

"Still, we could be less conspicuous." Loki turned back into himself but then turned Thor into Sif. "Hm, brother. You look ravishing."

Tera laughed at her father and Loki laughed. Thor looked down at his body then replied. "It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form."

"Very well. Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions, given that you seem to like them so much." Loki then turned himself into Brooklyn's dad.

Captain America.

"Oh, this is much better. Woh. The costume's a bit much, so tight. But the confidence, I can feel the righteousness surging. Hey, you wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor, patriotism? God bless Amer–" Suddenly, Thor grabbed Tera's arm and Loki and put his hands over Loki's mouth. He pushed him against the wall making Loki turn back to himself. "What?" Loki asked. Tera looked to her side and saw two Asgardian guards walking away. "You could at least furnish me with a weapon. My dagger, something!" Thor looked at him and they heard a noise like a sword being drawn. "At last, a little common sense." Loki looked down then held his hands up which had iron cuffs on them.

"Loki, you're a genius!" Tera said.

"And I thought you liked tricks." Thor mocked his brother. They then went back to meet their friends.

"Well, what then? Your lovely mortal is being guarded by a legion of our Einherjar who will see you coming from miles away." Fandral said.

"I won't be the one who comes for her."

A/n: sorry it took forever for me to upload the chapter.

How about the Brooklyn reference??