𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

"The Aether awakens us

"The Aether awakens us. The Convergence returns."

Heimdall said. The father and daughter walked up the bridge toward Heimdall. "You're late."

"Merriment can sometimes be a heavier burden than battle." Thor said.

"Then you're doing one of them incorrectly." Thor didn't appreciate the joke but Tera chuckled lightly.

"Perhaps. How fare the stars?" Thor questioned.

"Still shining. From here I can see Nine Realms and ten trillion souls." He looked off into the distance.

"Wow." Tera mumbled. Heimdall looked at her for a brief moment.

"You recall what I told you of the Convergence?" He asked.

"Told her what?" Thor popped in.

"Yes, the alignment of the worlds. It approaches, doesn't it?" She asked.

"The universe hasn't seen this marvel since before my watch began. Few can sense, even fewer can see it. A world that's infected can be dangerous. It is truly beautiful." He said. The three of them looked out at the stars.

" I see nothing." Thor interrupted the calm moment.

"Or perhaps that is not the beauty you seek."

Thor laughed. Tera didn't. She knew what Heidmall meant. "How is she?" Thor questioned.

"She's quite clever, your mortal. She doesn't know it yet, but she studies the Convergence as well. Even..." Heimdall stopped, as if he sensed something.

"What?" Thor asked.

What ever happened to her, she deserves it. Tera thought.

*****

"Jane! Where the hell were you?" Darcy questioned as Jane came running back to her.

"Tell me you didn't call the police!" Jane whisper- shouted as she pointed to the cops behind her friend.

"What was I supposed to do?"

"Not call the police!"

" I was freaking out."

"You call the cops they tell the feds, the next thing you know we have SHIELD crawling all over area fifty-one-ing the place."

"Jane!"

"We had a stable gratification anomaly, we had unheeded access. Our only competition was ten years old!"

"Jane, you were gone for five hours!"

"What?" Suddenly the weather turned, it started raining and they heard the sound of thunder. Jane looked around and put her hand out.