1: The Mission

----------

----------

"Hermione, you look like a lost pup." claimed Ron, trying to figure out how to work the radio in his hands, though he failed. "Let's go down and eat, yeah?"

"No, you go. I'm not that hungry." replied Hermione with a small shake of her head. The red-haired boy didn't bother to question her, instead he stood up and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Out of boredom, Hermione reached out her hand and grabbed the radio. She pulled out her wand and pointed the tip at it, muttering something under her breath. She then placed it back on the floor, a tune beginning to play as she hugged her knees to her chest, her back resting against the wall.

𝄞 I'm headed straight for the floor. The alcohol served its tour, and it's headed straight for my skin, leaving me daft and dim 𝄞

She then dug her hand in her pocket, pulling out a small photograph of her and Y/N. She observed it, her hand tracing the small details, her lips curled into a smile at the look of pure joy painted inside her lover's eyes.

𝄞 I've got this shake in my legs. Shaking the thoughts from my head. But who put these waves in the door? I crack and out I pour 𝄞

Oh, the things she'd give and do to go back to those care-free days. She felt homesick, homesick for hands that knew how to hold her, longing the feeling of home.

𝄞 I'm Mr. Loverman 𝄞

"And I miss my lover, man." sang Hermione quietly, humming the tune of the song. "I'm Mr. Loverman...Oh, and I miss my lover." she sighed.

"You told me your favourite season was autumn for its warm beauty, " began Hermione, tracing Y/N's figure in the small photograph. "Now the sun dulls to a soft glow, whisky coloured leaves fall everywhere..." she trailed on.

"It seems autumn has returned, but you have not, my love."

Meanwhile...

"Ah, the Malfoy twins." spoke Lord Voldemort at the very end of the table. "Sit down beside me." he instructed, the twins reluctantly obeying, the platinum-haired girl settled herself in between Lord Voldemort and Jennie.

"So, let's start with you, Draco." hummed Lord Voldemort, turning his attention to the terrified platinum-haired boy.

"Your mission...is to murder Albus Dumbledore." he said, a sly smile on his face at Draco's terrified reaction. "Y/N," he spoke once more, turning his head in the girls direction.

"I must confess...the mission I'm about to give you is quite cruel, if I say so do myself." he said with a low laugh, though it immediately died away at the blank look on Y/N's face, the girl not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing her fear.

Jennie watched the two anxiously, interlacing her hand with Y/N's from under the table, giving her hand a tight reassuring squeeze.

"Your mission is to..." began Lord Voldemort quietly, his red eyes gleaming mischievously.

"Kill the mudblood, Granger. And if you fail, I'll murder her myself."

----------

:)