11: First Task

----------

----------

"Well, now we're all here - time to fill you in!" said Bagman brightly. "When the audience has assembled, I'm ogoing to be offering each of you this bag" he held up a small sack of purple silk and shook it at them. "from which you will each select a small model of the thing you are about to face! There are different - er - varieties, you see. And I have to tell you something else too... ah, yes... your task is to collect the golden egg! Well, Miss Delacour, you go first!"

Fleur put a shaking hand inside the bag and drew out a tiny, perfect model of a dragon - a Welsh Green. Y/N noticed that she looked rather green, but she probably did as well.

Krum was next to put his hand in, pulling out a Chinese Fireball, he looked much more grumpy from the last time Y/N had saw him up close.

Cedric put his hand into the bag, and out came the blueish-gray Swedish Short-Snout, the number one tied around its neck.

And then it was Y/N's turn. She let her hand sink into the bag and pulled out the Hungarian Horntail, stretching its wings and baring its miniscule fangs.

"I'm gonna get eaten alive by a bloody dragon." groaned Y/N. Cedric was first to go out, he first gave the platinum-haired girl a crooked grin, Y/N returning it along with a fleeting thumbs up.

Y/N paced around the tent, waiting for her turn. After Cedric it was Fleur, then Krum, and finally...

"Y/N Malfoy!" said Bagman in a roaring voice from outside.

Y/N took a deep breath and held her wand tightly as she stepped out of the tent, only to see a great, ugly dragon waiting for her.

"Alrighty then.." she muttered under her breath. She spotted her target, the Golden Egg. But to her annoyance, the dragon seemed to be protective of their eggs. The audience stayed silent while Y/N climbed a few huge rocks to reach the dragons level, her grip on her wand tightening.

"C'mon, look at me." said an annoyed Y/N, pointing her wand at the ready, the incantation at the tip of her tongue, slowly inching herself closer to the Golden Egg.

Oh welp. The dragon certainly did look at her, but to her displeasure, it had decided to breath out fire, making her back away and fall off the rock that she was standing on, a loud gasp being heard from the audience as she tried to climb back up again, feeling an immense amount of pain on her back.

Hermione was watching with hitched breath. Her fingernails were basically clawing her pale face in horror, making visible prominent scratches. Katherine was standing right beside her, although she didn't seem to be as worried as the bushy haired girl, in fact, she seemed to be bored out of her mind.

"Attack the stupid dragon, you got this, Y/N!" shouted Pansy, trying to encourage and cheer for her best friend. She looked to her side and nudged Draco hard on his ribs. "Should support your sister, you know." she said sternly.