~CHAPTER 3: SUSPICION~

CHEMISTRY was more than a failure

CHEMISTRY was more than a failure. Genevieve and I were trying to catch on whatever knowledge during the lesson, just to end up confused and annoyed.

"Well, that was terrible" Vivi said as we left the classroom.

I looked at her, responding "You think?"

We both just sighed. The great and powerful sorceresses defeated by Chemistry...

"So next we have..." said Vivi while looking down at the schedule "History. Finally something easy"

Relaxing, I sighed "Oh yes... it's basically a free period then! Well, if you know what to do that is"

Genevieve frowned "What do you mean by that?"

I grinned "If the teacher asks you a question, don't answer it like you're smart. Answer it in the most basic way you can"

"But why? I'll seem dumb"

"If you answer in a detailed way, the teacher will keep on asking you. He won't let you have even a minute of peace and could drag you into doing some extra stuff. If you don't answer at all, he'll also keep on asking to get you motivated to study. But if you answer in a basic way, he'll just accept it and move on from you"

I explained with a grin, remembering how Jasper was always getting grilled with questions, while I kept things simple and always had free time.

"Huh. That's actually... smart" Genevieve said looking impressed.

I laughed and wrapped my arm around her shoulders "Well, my dear Vivi. I am very smart"

We shared a laugh and together entered the class, the previous annoyance with Chemistry leaving as we both knew that History will go a lot smoother. Since I was always a big history nerd and Genevieve was well... old.

And as predicted, History really went smoothly. In the technical way of things that is...

During the lesson my mind kept on reminding me of many History lessons that I shared with Jasper. It did not help that he was there in the classroom. Sitting right where we sat together, while glancing at the empty chair next to him and then me.

It was tiring me emotionally... I wanted to feel numb again, like I did back in Kaasedera.

But it wasn't working.

Especially when I also glanced at him from time to time, making our eyes meet sadly sometimes. This time there was no smiling, as we sat in the place where our love started blooming.

In the place where we really got to know each other best, in the beginning.

And look at us now... feeling like strangers and looking at each other with empty hollowness that is so close to swallowing us whole...

Thankfully after History the classes moved quickly and peacefully as the Cullens weren't in any of them. Also Genevieve and I were doing very little, so that also helped. For the most part we were talking and fooling around.