𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔: 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃...𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐒?

Zacznij od początku

   "ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?" Nico asked for what seemed like the thousandth time as he watched Eris pack her clothes.

"I'll be fine," she replied softly, shoving her sketchbook in her backpack before zipping it up. "You shouldn't worry so much." She told him as she put on her backpack.

Nico frowned, "But what if a monster tries to eat you or something? I won't be there to protect you," he pouted.

Eris smiled a bit. "I really appreciate that you want to protect me," she said, squatting a bit to be at Nico's height level, "But you can trust me. This isn't the first time I've been on a quest...I'll be okay plus Zoë, Bianca and Thalia will be there. I won't be alone."

"But I wanna go!"

Eris frowned, "I...I know but you don't have any experience yet and—"

"Neither does Bianca."

...he wasn't wrong. But truthfully, Eris didn't think Bianca should be going on the quest either. Demigods with not even two weeks of training shouldn't be going on a quest, it was just risky. At least when Eris and her friends went on a quest they had basic training, Bianca was trained but she still lacked the experience that other hunters had.

"You're right and honestly...I don't think Bianca should be going either," Eris said hesitantly, "but tell you what, I'll go on a quest with you when you're older, okay?"

Suddenly the door opened and Chiron stood there with a cell phone in hand. "I hope I'm not interrupting."

Eris quickly shook her head, "Um...no. What's up?" She asked.

"I thought you may want to give a call to your foster parents before your leave. Though I don't allow phones on campus I'm aware they're mortals so this one time I will allow you to use a phone," Chiron told her.

Eris hesitantly took the phone from his hands and thanked him before stepping out of the Art Cabin and dialing Lena's number.

It didn't even take two rings for Lena to pick up the phone, "Lena Robinson speaking!"

Eris cleared her throat, "Um...hi," she said quietly, "it's..Eris."

"Hi, honey!" Lena said cheerfully, "how's your camping trip? You're okay right? I don't need to come down there and—"

"No! No!" Eris said quickly because she knew that Lena actually would drive out into the middle of the woods. "I'm okay...really...I just wanted to say hi. How's Katherine?"

"She's good! More stressed than usual, I think she misses you but you know how she is. Too stubborn to admit that she's a person with feelings. But how have you been?"

"I-I'm okay...I'm having a lot of fun. I met some people too, they're nice."

"That's good I—" Suddenly there was a loud scream and the sound of something loud crashing in the background, "Dammit Jackie I told you to unplug the flat iron I— Eris, honey, I'm sorry an emergency just came up. I'll have to call you later okay? I love you!"

Lena hung up and Eris stared at the phone with wide eyes.

"Y-You what?" She muttered.

    Never had she ever heard Lena or Katherine say the loved her. It has only been two months since she moved in with them. She knew they cared about her but...to love her. That was something else.

    "Essence."

    She turned to see Chiron appearing beside her. She handed him the phone. "Thanks," she muttered.