9. Adventures in Light and Distortion

(Oh boy, I'll have fun making this chapter...)

We see Steven, Garnet and Gold back at the temple, With Steven still worried about the fact that his dad is in space, kidnapped.

Steven:This can't be happening.

Pearl: Steven, you're back!

Amethyst:Hey Steve-O

Pearl:We're so sorry about earlier-

Steven:Forget that! We have to catch up with her!

Pearl:What?

Amethyst:Who?

Gold:Garnet's arch enemy.

This gave the two some confusion as Garnet decided to answer.

Garnet:He means Blue Diamond.

Pearl:Blue Diamond!?, On earth!?

Amethyst:Holy smokes! They're all coming out of the woodwork.

Pearl:Amethyst, turn into a chair. I-I need to sit down.

Steven:She took Dad! She alien-abducted him, and it's all my fault!

Amethyst:She took Greg!?

Pearl: Our Greg?!

Amethyst:What other Greg is there!? How are we gonna get him back!?

Gold's mind however is thinking things differently.

Gold:'Uhh amethyst, The name Greg could be common anywhere, obviously I think what your referring to is what Greg Is there in his family, now that I think about it, saying this out loud feels dumb'

Steven:What did she even want him for? To eat him!? T-to put him in a zoo!?

Pearl:Wait. That might be it.

Steven:*gasps* She's gonna eat him!?

Gold laughed as all of them are staring at him.

Gold: Whoops, I'm sorry, I'll just wait outside while you guys discuss what's going on.

Feeling embarrassed, he just decided to leave, with them back to the topic.

Pearl:Firstly, No she's not gonna eat him. But there was a... No. No, it couldn't possibly still exist. Not since we-

Garnet:That's Right!, Pink Diamonds insidious human zoo.

Steven:What?

Garnet:During her reign on Earth, Pink Diamond stole humans from their families as trophies of her conquest.

Amethyst:You gotta be kidding...

Pearl:Oh no. It was very serious. When I still served... *glances away for a moment* ...Homeworld, I saw it myself. A private menagerie deep in space. Humans in captivity. We were never able to rescue them. We had no way to get to them after the war. But, that was over 5,000 years ago.

Amethyst:You really think Greg's there?

Pearl:Steven, Blue Diamond wanted him alive?

Steven:Yes! Yes! She liked him!

Pearl:I can't think of anywhere else she'd put him if she wanted to keep him, that is if the zoo's still there.

Steven:It's our only chance! But, how are we going to get there?

The group then thinks for a second, that's until Garnet came up with an answer.

Garnet:I think I know how to get there.