Insecure reader x Kusuo

Augustheadley2 hope you have an awesome birthday
You and Kusuo have know each other since you were little, you're his neighbor from across the street. You've liked Kusuo for awhile now but, you believe that he would never like you.
You sighed as you looked in the mirror and, tugged at a strand of your hair.
'Why can't I be pretty.'
You finished getting ready and headed over to Kusuo's house.   You see Kusuo's mom opened the door.
"Oh Yn dear, how's your mom doing?"
You give her a small smile.
"Dad said she's doing better but you know."
She gives you a sad smile but pats your head. You really don't want to talk about this, but you don't want Mrs Saiki to feel bad.
"Hang in there dear, I'm sure she'll get better soon."
You see Kusuo head towards you. You smiled at him.
"Come on, let get going."
He grabbed your hand and, pulls you away from his mom.
"You know if you don't want to talk about something just change the topic."
You smiled fondly at him.
'But I don't want to be rude, it's not that big of a deal, I'm fine.'
He gives you an annoyed sigh but ruffles your hair, making you laugh. You've known about Kusuo psychic powers since before grade school but you never told a soul not even your parents know.  Because you have kept his secret Kusuo wanted you to know that he appreciated your loyalty. He was trying to help your mom but there is only so much he can do for someone who has a mental illness, and he won't force her to get better that won't fix anything. He wants you to be happy and would do anything to keep your safe and happy. He wishes that you would see how wonderful you are. Everyone likes you but your  insecurity blind you from seeing how amazing you are.
"You're my best friend Yn so... if you need help just ask."
You're smile brightened Kusuo never admits being friends with anyone but you the only one who gets to hear that.
"Thank you."
You tackle hug him and he lets you. You don't notice the smallest hint of pink in his ear.