Chapter 18

[Do you know what's special on November 14? It's this amazing alien's birthday. Yay!]

Author's POV:-

"Please shut up Arvind. I beg you!"

Aarav pleaded, again shifting his focus back to his book for the nth time, but nothing seems to penetrate in his thick skull. Having a problematic brother has its cons, just like being a college student.

Haha..sucks.

"As if I am going to listen.", he shrugged "Who told you to play video games on your mobile? You should have studied with me. Now suffer sucker! Hehehehe....", Arvind teased, while blasting his favourite K-pop music.

It's mid of August, the country seems to be preparing for the autumn season (even though it's a month away). The afternoon sun was blaring daggers on the passerbys, reminding them that the summer hasn't receded yet. Aarav and Arvind had a day off from their varsity due to the sudden university committee's meeting.

"Hit you with that ddu-du-ddu-du!", Arvind yelled the lyrics of the currently trending K-pop girl group Blackpink, which he became a fan of - clutching the pair of pink flip-flops while imitating the iconic step.

Talk about hard fanboying.

"Aaaaah Arvind! Please! I have to pass the test or that bald man will complain about my low marks to Pa!", Aarav again cried out, hoping for his brother to obey him and leave him in peace.

When it comes to siblings, we should always remember these two things -

1. Regardless of how you beg, they will never obey you

2. Even if they obey you, it always comes with a price.

Research says...

"Give me your mobile.", Arvind asked, while stretching out his palm - his head still bobbing to the music blasting in the background.

"WHAAAT? NO! NEVER!", Aarav immediately grew defensive over the small gadget as if Arvind had asked him for his life - clutching the device tightly over his chest.

"You are acting so suspicious bro. Are you watching something that we little babies shouldn't watch?", Arvind asked, furrowing his eyebrows while moving towards Aarav who in turn was quickly backing away.

"N-no? Nothing like that!" 'What you gonna do
When I come come through with that that uh uh huh~'

"Then give me your phone. Or I will keep blasting the music and you can very well flunk tomorrow's test.",  Arvind stated, his hand still stretched out to get the phone.

The things we have to undergo as elder siblings...

"Fine- here, have it. Don't change any settings and don't dwell too much into my phone. I have privacy too y'know?"

"Yeah yeah, I know. Now study, Dumbo!", Arvind replied while flicking his head, plopping on the bed with a 'thump' - not forgetting to switch off the music.

.

.

.

"Arvind."

"Hmmm?", he replied while playing the game on his phone.

"Arvind...."

"Yeah say! I am not deaf."