Chapter thirty

(Art by @catmunches on Twitter)
January 2nd Saturday
Nothing could have prepared her for todays event. Or him, or any of them.

The past month she tried not to focus on the gut-wrenching feeling of her boyfriend and best friends leaving to go back home.

Yes it was that day. And she was watching the clock, trying to savour every moment they had left. It wasn't helping that Sapnap was in the same room, packing. Reminding her every so often as he asked her to pass him one of his socks or his charger.

Their group had begun to fell normal, and like one, non-traditional family. That feeling, that fantasy was over.

Her, Karl and Alex. They were constantly going for walks and shopping together, at least four times a week. Her and Clay, were acting like the dysfunctional family they were exactly four months ago.

And well Nick, he was always important to her, but when she the feelings were mutual, her love for him only grew. She loves every part of him, from the way he walks, to the way he snores. She loves it all.

Y/n, she regrets not having told Nick she was completely and utterly in love with him because she couldn't do it today, she was struggling to fight back tears watching him pack.

Of course they would call all the time and see each other in a few months. They weren't even breaking up. But the thought of not having his physical affection, poisoned her heart.

At least she would have George, her brother was in quite the same state, in the other room of his house.

———

I sighed leaving the room clouded with sadness. George was sat on the sofa head in his hands, yet he seemed more frustrated than upset. "You ok?" I sat next to him taking one of his hands and squeezing it, for comforts sakes. "No" He sighed "What's up?" I asked concerned.

"I lashed out on Clay.." This peaked Karl's interests who was munching on cereal watching from other side of the room. "George, don't make your last hours with him ones you'll regret..and you'll see him soon. Heck you have the money to visit" I pulled him into a tight hug, shortly feeling Karl join us.

"Gosh I think I'm going to miss you most Karl and Alex, actually" I mumbled "HEY..wait?" Alex shouts from another room. "I'll miss you too.." He said retreating from the hug.

Boots was curling around mine and George's feet, I picked him up and set him on my lap.

George cooed at the kitten before shifting in his seat "I should probably go apologise.." He smiled weakly. It as killing him just as much as it is me, knowing you won't be receiving any physical affection from that person.

All of us had spent so much time over the past four weeks together the six of us. The only personal time me and Nick had got was when the others went to George's house to sleep and he came to mine, although we did watch different movies with Jack.

I never got the opportunity to plan our date. Something I find myself regretting as the seconds pass. I had so many virtual dates planned in my head, if he wanted to do that.

"Karl?" I whispered "Mmhm" He said, scarfing down his cereal "promise me you'll call me when you land?" I avoided eye contact, it was harder knowing they were all leaving. Alex, Karl, Clay and Nick.

They all brought a new aspect and yet all of their personality's are so unique. They made all of this memorable.

"I will, of course I will".

Jack, obnoxiously ruined the moment, by shoving his foot in my face and claiming me to be ' too sappy'. I hadn't even realised he was on the sofa.