Welcome to my story

Hi, everyone! I'm Aleena, you're about to read my story and I'm so thankful and happy.

First, a list of tropes from my story to get your attention :

Enemies to lovers/academic rivals to lovers
Fake dating and forced proximity
He is nice to everyone but her
Angry love confessions/make out
"Who did this to you ?"
She is sitting on his lap and then...
Pushing her against a wall and then...
"Touch her again and I..."
Getting ready for an event and he is silently looking at her
Tending to wounds
One bed trope
He talks to her in a foreign language she doesn't understand
Dancing with the enemy
and more!!!

Few things I think are very important to know :

1) I HATE CHEATERS. I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION AND I WANT THEM TO SUFFER.

Don't feel bad about the cheater in my story, because i will make sure it gets worse for him. <3

2) I'm not a native English speaker. I'm French and English is my second language.

If you find weird sentences or uses of words, please don't bash me in the comments and tell me so I can correct myself! I try my best :)

I honestly don't know a lot about the US college system but I did some research, I hope it will sound relatable to you. Feel free to tell me if I misrepresented something or if I should add an element ; the story can be edited at any time :)

3) Sensitive things will be mentioned : anxiety, mourning/death, life threatening disease, and eating disorder (just one or two sentences for the last one).

And mature and explicit content : insults and smut.

4) I did not steal the plot from another story. It is very easy for a book reader to come up with some of those plot ideas because they are common. My tropes are everywhere on Booktok and I'm not ashamed of that. The whole point is to make your story special for your readers.

(ps : I don't read on Wattpad, it is rare. While writing my story and being on Booktok, I saw that some Wattpad stories have similarities with mine but I swear this is unwanted.)

5) This is an enemies-to-lovers story but they do not have pure and evil hate for each other, I mean don't expect them to try to kill the other with a knife.

They can't stand each other, they argue a lot and they are rivals which make them act hostile.

I want to insist on the enemies part as much as it's needed because when I read enemies to lovers, the switch is usually so quick and it pisses me off. I want angry sex and make out. I want them to fight against what they're feeling because it seems so wrong at first for some dumb reasons. I don't know if you can call my story a slowburn, but you all will be waiting some time for them to (really) be together!

Don't worry, there will be many cute moments, and no bullying.

6) This book is mostly from the heroine's POV. I know we all love dual POVs but i think it would not fit my story. Elijah is quite a secret to Yasemin and I want you to discover him at the same time she does. However, there will be some of his POVs with his own banner.

If you all happen to love the story and love this character, I can also plan on writing all of the story in his POV. I'll see!

Follow me on Tiktok if you want : @aleenathemuse. i regularly post some extracts!!

And if you want to message me : my home page or aleenathemuse@gmail.com

Started writing : beginning of September 2021
Finished writing :
Started posting : 23/10/2021
Finished posting :

I hope Rules for Dating your Nemesis will feel special to you <3