Chapter 50 - "The third angle..."

Start from the beginning

"What was that? What did you tell her?"

She shoots her hostile attitude. I reply with a puppy face,

"I..I don't know. There was a sharp pang in my back. That's why...."

She cuts my words belligerently,

"I am not talking about your pang. I know what was that. Your drama to flirt with the nurse."

She hisses out and my heart dances Bhangra. (A north Indian dance form) She continues,

"I am talking about what she addressed me. Did you introduce me as your wife?"

Vexation is clear in her tone. Now, my amusement vanishes for a moment. She seems really angry. I wobble in denial and utter,

"No....on God. I told her that you are my son's mother."

Her doe eyes almost come out from their sockets.

"WHAT? How...how dare you? You just said that? I told you that I have no relationship with you. Still, you...."

She yells and fists my hair to shake my head with full force. Ahhhh...it's hurting. There are stitches in the back of my head. But this lioness somehow forgot. I grab her wrist and yank her to my chest. Our eyes meet intimately. I whisper with lots of emotion,

"If you don't have any relationship with me then why did you feel jealous to see the nurse being close to me? If you have nothing to do with me then why do you regularly come over here to see me? If you don't consider me anyone in your life then what is this anger and hatred for? Because as far I know, we hate those whom we once used to love. If there is no love then there won't be any hatred either. Now, tell me what am I to you?"

Her eyes flicker with an unknown emotion as someone has caught her red-handed. She parts her lips to say something when a voice breaks our trance,

"Hi...How are you Manik? Nandini, Arya has come. He is waiting in the reception. Do meet him. He has something important to say. Boyfriend is also with him. Go...he is going crazy."

Soha enters the cabin. Nandini immediately frees her hand from my grip and stands straight. Soha perhaps saw our intimate position. However, it doesn't show in her expression. Is that mean she knows about us? Doubt clouds my mind. Nandini glances at me and smiles back at Soha. Without saying anything she walks past her and exits the room. Soha saunters at my bed. I observe her face suddenly becomes stone hard. To divert her attention, I greet her with light tone,

"Hello, Soha. I am a bit better. Thank you so much. By the way, before leaving don't forget to bring Maan here. It's been 18 hours I met my little Champ."

Soha sits on the side stool and gives a formal smile.

"Yeah, I can see how boyfriend has become close to you. He even forgot his buddy. You know magic. But Manik; don't do this. I am requesting you."

Suddenly her tone turns to assertive. My brows furrow with confusion. I grab the shirt and put it on.

"I didn't get you? What have I done?"

I ask with sheer bafflement. She fixes her penetrating eyes on mine and replies in a grave voice,

"Arya loves Nandini. He never says but I know. Nandini is the only girl who can take care of my brother, as a friend, as a life partner. Manik, I have never told these things to anyone. Even Nandini doesn't know. Arya has a painful past. His childhood love, Isabella died in an accident. After that, Arya became mentally ill for some years. We didn't have a very pleasant childhood either. Our parents got divorced at our tender age. Our Mom brought us up all alone. However, we lost her too in our teenage. Isabella was the only person who used to understand Arya after me. Needless to say, her untimely demise left a great setback for him. For a long time, my brother shelled himself. He neither mixed up with a new person nor talked to the known people. However, Nandini was the first person whom he first talked to after I introduced her to him. Gradually they became good friends and then best friends. I start watching the same happiness in his eyes that used to be when he was with Isabella. Arya perhaps doesn't know about this feeling for Nandini but I can feel it. I can see his special feelings for her. It's can't anything but love. He loves her. Please don't come between them. I don't know what relationship you share with Nandini. Neither I am interested in her past. I only know that my brother needs her. Otherwise, he will be back to his painful past. Please, Manik I beg you. Nandini...."

I stop her,

"Does she love him?"

Author's note: A new angle arose. Does Arya really love Nandini? What will be Manik's reaction? Will he go back to India leaving Nandini? 😔😔Has Nandini really moved on?😥😥 To know all these, keep reading. 😊❤