|| ʜᴀɴɴɪɢʀᴀᴍ // ʜᴀɴɴɪʙᴀʟ ||

Ah, sex. The thing that every parent dreads and every teenager yearns. As it turned out, two men who were involved with one another romantically also typically wanted a relationship that subsided under that category. But .. how exactly does one go about proposing that idea to their prospective mate, or even fulfilling it? A mystery that Will had never quite been able to solve, and Hannibal had never had to face. The conversation they needed to have was evident, but neither knew how to approach it, until one morning they'd decided they'd had enough. 

"Will," Hannibal prompted as he sat up in bed. Beside him, the sheets rustled and a tired, deep-voiced man covered in dog fur and with messy brown hair arose with a groan. "Yes?" He said it in the tone of passive aggression, but he did it with a smile, and he did it so he could stay smiling as he knew what was soon to come. "We need to talk about this." Hannibal admitted, causing Will to sigh and lean against the headboard beside him, "Yeah, we do." Hannibal made unavoidable eye contact when he spoke, something Will had found annoying at first, but had grown oddly fond of over time. No, he didn't like eye contact, but he liked Hannibal, so they balanced each-other out. "Do you wish to participate in a sexual relationship, or would you prefer a strictly romantic one?" Will fidgeted as he hesitated, but deciding that avoidance wouldn't amount to anything, he replied. "I want to have sex with you." Hannibal nodded, "That's the first step out of the way, wonderful. We need to arrange how to go about that, though. Do you prefer to be the-" Will interrupted midway through, which irritated Hannibal but in that weird way that he secretly adored. "Either." Hannibal smiled, "Even better." He paused, "Will, have you ever had sex with another man before?" Will looked almost offended, "Yes!" Hannibal was still skeptical, but decided he'd trust Will's word. "Is there anything I should know before we engage in any activities?" Will scoffed, "No, is there anything about you I should know?" Hannibal smiled, "Perhaps. What do you consider as something you would 'need to know?" Will looked as if he hadn't thought that far ahead, and Hannibal knew this. "Exactly. Though I am courteous enough to inform you that I'm partial to rather eccentric additions to the act itself." Will looked confused, but vaguely picked up on what he was saying, and dismissed it.

Eventually, they did get around to doing it for the first time. And then again. And then it became a regular occurrence. And, to be honest? They both completely loved it. Hannibal was .. surprisingly amazing in bed. And Will had proved to have more experience than he let on. They were glad they'd finally sorted out the awkwardness, and that they were having sex, because it was exactly what they'd wanted and more.