|| ᴅɴᴅ ||

Being in love with your boss's distant child isn't necessarily that bad, right? It couldn't be when it was this pure and enjoyable. And, quite frankly, incredibly cute. Either way, it was happening, and there wasn't much that could stand in the way of it.

"You're beautiful." Magnus hummed, as he braided Lorenzo's hair whilst they laid in his lap. "Thanks." Lorenzo laughed to themself, before looking up into Magnus's eyes. "You're not too bad either." Magnus playfully scoffed, but they both laughed it off. "You're not going to tell my dad about us, are you?" Lorenzo asked, shifting the mood in almost an instant. "What? Why would I tell Vergard? You think I wanna lose my job? I love it here!" Magnus reassured, sending a sigh of relief down Lorenzo's scar-covered back. "I just .. don't think he's ready to accept that even though he can't handle a relationship with me, you can." Magnus felt icky about that, like it didn't sit right in his stomach. "I don't want to think about it, I love you both. Just in very, very separate ways." Lorenzo laughed, "Well I'd hope." Magnus nudged them, but laughed along. 

"I love you, you know that?" Lorenzo asked, twirling a strand of Magnus's hair on their finger. "I know, I love you too!" Magnus replied, and watched as Lorenzo melted into a bashful mess. "So, what've you been up to lately?" He asked them, laying down, this way they were both more comfortable. Lorenzo slid up to be able to cradle him if they so desired. "Not much, mainly just druic junk.. yakno, the usual stuff." Magnus laughed, "Very specific." Lorenzo threw a hand over their face, "Shush!" And then watched Magnus's laughing smile fade into a resting one. Gorgeous. They grabbed his face gently and pulled him into a kiss, which lasted a long few seconds before they pulled apart and Lorenzo rested their head on Magnus's chest. "You're beautiful." They smiled and ran their fingers across Magnus's clean, freckled skin and wrist, and then over their bumpy and lightning-scarred one. "So are you." Magnus restated, placing a kiss on their forehead and closing his eyes as he drifted off.

Lorenzo watched as he snored gently into their chest, and they smiled. While it may be wrong to be in love with your dysfunctional wizard father's apprentice, it was damn well a perfect fit for Lorenzo. And to be honest? Pissing off their dad was a small price to pay for something so beautiful.