Whoa, Not Okay

Ichigo doesn't know how, but he's winning. He keeps reminding himself to not be so cocky and arrogant. He can't quite help it, though. The ginger is just so much faster than Aizen.

Aizen, that megalomaniac, can't seem to get a grip on reality. He must've noticed Ichigo's advancements as well. He has to understand he's losing this battle. He has to. Maybe he's self-absorbed enough to surrender for the sake of his life.

But, of course, things never come that easy. Especially not with Ichigo.

There's a roaring pain to Ichigo's side, and he glances downward to find the cause. Rukia stands there, her eyes hazed over, sword in her hand. She had stabbed him. He can't quite say anything since he stabbed her, too, yet he can't not say anything.

"Rukia?" He asks.

"Die, Aizen!" She roars at him.

"An illusion," the ginger identifies. "When were you put under it?"

"You will pay for what you did to Ichigo!" She continues.

She probably can't hear him. Ichigo shunpo's away, and Rukia's blade is ripped out of him. He regards her stiffly. What should he do? He can't get too close without risking a second stabbing, and he refuses to hurt her a second time. He holds his side, collecting a handful of blood before the wound heals over. He flicks the blood out of his hand the best he can.

"When did you put her under your spell?" Ichigo growls at Aizen.

"Back at Las Noches. When I took her for your misbehaving," Aizen grins.

"You bastard. You'll die for this," he promises.

"I thought you aren't allowed to kill?" The megalomaniac teases.

Ichigo doesn't get to reply. He's too busy dodging Rukia's blows. He is doing his damn best to avoid all casualties, but sooner or later, someone is going to give.

Menoly and Loly were supposed to give Kyōka Suigetsu to Renji. Rukia was supposed to be with Renji. When did they get separated? Now that he really thinks of it, the Espada disappeared without a trace.

"Did you see where Grimmjow went?" Ichigo narrows his eyes at the megalomaniac.

"Of course. He came straight to me. He seems to be the only loyal soldier I have left. Even Ulquiorra and Gin has left me," he wrinkles his nose.

What about Tousen? That slippery bastard must be around here somewhere, too. Ichigo really has to keep his eyes open.

Rukia goes for a second stab. He catches her wrist, and twists Sode no Shirayuki out of her hand. Kidō is her best weapon, with or without a zanpakuto. It's no surprise when she starts an incantation. It's no surprise when it lands it's mark either.

His arms and legs are bound by an invisible force. A powerful punch to the chest sends him to the ground. He rolls through the dirt and ash, adding blood from the earlier stabbing to the mix. It takes a lot less energy than he thought to break free from her kidō. He builds up his Reiatsu, and the binds crumble under the pressure.

"I can't say I'm surprised you broke through that," Rukia scoffs.

"You did it to distract me," Ichigo replies.

"Of course. I need my zanpakuto."

Sode no Shirayuki begins to glow. Shit, she's going to release her shikai. He can't let her do that.

Using shunpo, he flashes over to her. He tackles her to the ground, and the glow is cut off. He sits on top of her and holds her down by the wrists.

"Rukia, you have to listen to me," he begs.