10. Truth part 2

It was getting dark and Alvin sat on his bed with his phone trying to come up with a caption for his latest Instant Gram post. Reclined on his pillow, feeling rather relaxed, he thought of the most creative thing he could say. It had to be something that could make his followers swoon.

Meanwhile Simon climbed up the stairs while finishing a book Jeanette persuaded him to.Who knew he would be so invested in a fantasy novel? Something that completely defied all the laws of science! Jeanette's influence will never cease to amaze him.

He was so distracted by his book that he almost tripped when he stepped on Theodore's stuffed teddy bear, "Talking Teddy? How did this get here?" He wondered aloud because Theodore would never leave it on the stairs.

As he picked it up he remembered that Basil was here. Oh right.....He probably played with it and dumped it here. I'm still surprised he managed to lock Alvin and Brittany in the same room together. I can't help but be curious about what went on in there before I opened the door. Something is just bound to happen with those two being stuck in a room with eachother...

Simon opened the door to their room and placed talking teddy on Theodore's bed before turning to Alvin who was still busy in his phone.

"Theodore isn't back from his baking club yet?"Simon asked curiously.

"Yeah..Something probably held him up. He should come back any minute from now..." Alvin shrugged.

"Well, I hope you're right.." Simon said scratching his head.

"I'm always right" Alvin quickly replied while still looking at his phone.

Simon dismissively shook his head before walking over to his own bed. They stayed five minutes in peaceful silence before a thought reoccured to Simon.

"Hey Alvin, Can I ask you something?" He said turning to him.

"Sure, what is it..." He said not bothering to look at him.

"Tell me what really happened in here." He asked curiously.

"What?" He asked confused.

"What happened when you and Brittany got locked up in here. What did you guys do?" He raised in eyebrow.

"We already told you; nothing happened", he shrugged.

"No something happened. Unless you two were asleep the entire time I'm not convinced that you did absolutely nothing.." Simon said folding his arms.

"Would you believe me if I said that we did?"

"No," He emphasized.

"Fine just...just promise me you won't tell anyone. It's kind of cringy to explain..."

"I can handle the cringe. Let me guess you had a nasty fight?"

"Quite the opposite actually...We just talked...for a while."

"About?" Simon said still confused and Alvin didn't say anything as he replayed the event in his head. "Tell me what's going on Alvin,"

"Me and Britt may have kissed accidentally last Saturday," He laughed nervously as he tapped his pointing fingers together.

"You what!" Simon widened his eyes almost screeching at the top of his lungs "Like on the lips!?"He said in disbelief. Alvin quickly clasped his hands over his mouth "Do we have any other mouth holes Simon?"Alvin rolled his eyes"but geez, would you keep it down? It's like you want the whole neighbourhood to know!"