Kai's decision

Kai slowly woke up slowly with a splitting headache. He looks around himself blinking his eyes so he can adjust to the light. He saw he was in a hospital room and there was a vase of flowers next to him on his left. To his right he saw Zane and Cole in those uncomfortable hospital chairs and were both asleep leaning on each other. Kai couldn't help, but think how cute they looked.

"Hey guys?" He asks leaning over and shaking them. Cole woke with a snort while Zane gave a small tired yawn. "Guys hello? Where are we?" Kai asks them. They looked over at him with sleepy eyes and when they noticed he was awake they jumped awake. "Kai!" They both exclaimed jumping on him in a hug and kissing his cheeks making the red ninja blush red.

"Guys," he whines embarrassed. They let him go and looked over him worriedly. "You okay Kai? How do you feel?" "What do you remember?" They asked him. "I remember..... you both said sorry," they blush a little, but both still listen to him. "And than I was fighting, than nothing," Kai recalls. "You were fighting against Mara so hard that she didn't realize the other masters coming to her until they smashed the crystal from her hand. Since the control stopped so suddenly and you were fighting so it kind of back looped your brain and you went into a coma," Kai's mouth hung open at Zane's explanation. "A coma? How long?" He asks.

They both looked at him than each other. "Three weeks, Nya went into one too, but woke up last week," Kai was relieved to hear his sister was okay, but still three weeks?!. He looks down at his hands and found his wrists in vengestone. "What are these for?" He asks. "Well the crystals were smashed, so we decided to just put you and Nya in vengestone for your safety until we can find another for you both," Cole explains. "But I've been in a coma for three weeks! How have you not found another one?" Kai asks.

"Well Skylar blew up the cave where Chen found them so we're in the middle of digging some out okay? And we were more worried about you. Nero said there's no brain damage, but we couldn't be sure," Cole explains. Kai accepts that having helped Skylar cause the said explosion as her way of letting off steam. In fairness it was a pretty fun day of smashing stuff so he has absolutely no regrets.

"And everyone else? Where is Nya?" Kai asks. "Nya's still in recovery to be safe, but the doctors say she can leave any day now and all the other masters are fine, Tox even treated you and Nya, Mara was sent to Kryptarium prison for kidnapping and endangerment of Ninjago safety, and the others didn't get any injuries besides a small concussion for Sensei Wu," Cole explains.

Kai nodded along. "Okay," he's silent for a moment taking that all in. "I'm sorry," he whispers. The two look at each other confused. "What are you sorry for darling?" Zane asks worried. "I'm sorry for running off into the crowd and getting captured, I'm sorry for not just choosing, I'm sorry for leading you on, I'm sorry," They hugged him again silencing his apologies.

"No we're sorry, we should never have forced you to choose like that," Cole said. "We should have just been patient and not force the decision on you," Zane promises. "I... I," Kai stutters in disbelief. "Just, calm down, we'll call a doctor and you'll be out of here in no time," Cole promises. Simultaneously they started combing their fingers through Kai's hair, and the sleepy teenager with just melted. He doesn't like people touching his hair purposely because he just melted if people combed his hair with their fingers.

"But before someone comes we were thinking if maybe," Zane began shyly. "But it's totally your decision no pressure," Cole added. "If we could both date you?" They asked at the same time. Kai looks at them eyes wide and opened mouth. "It's just that you love both of us and we both love you and your problem was you couldn't decide so we talked it out and we thought it would be the best approach," Zane explains. "But it's your decision," Cole repeats. Kai was silent and opened mouth before he just smiled and nestled himself in between the two.

"Mmm love you both. Love you both so much," Kai whispers lovingly in answer. "And we love you," they said happy with this outcome.

The three stayed like this for a few peaceful moments until Kai started giving them both small kisses. The other two liked this and kissed him back, nothing heated, but loving nonetheless. In that moment all three of them thought one thing.

That this was a perfect moment.

In a different room

"So when are we going to tell them the hospital rooms have security cameras?" Lloyd asks as he and the ninja watched the intermittent moment between black, red, and white. The group had been in the security room eating lunch in there without staff and patients interrupting their much needed meal time to eat so they could get pictures or autographs. "Let's just wait until things get steamy so I can barge in and snap a pic for mom and dad. Or better yet I'll call them now, the pizza shop is only a few blocks away they should be back in time for things to get heated," Nya grins pulling out her phone while grinning mischievously.

"I think you can save the phone bill," Jay said and points to the hall camera that had Ray and Maya walking down the hallway towards the room where things were starting to get a little steamy. Ray and Maya knew all about what was happening with Kai's love life, it was all over the news for crying out loud, but it's gonna be interesting when they open that door.

Good thing there's a hospital for Cole, but they better call Borg to help with Zane.

All in all it was a pretty happy ending.

That's the end thank you all for the support and patients. Some might say it's a short ending, but I think it's sweet and perfect. Stay safe and have a nice day.