Cole's Date

Kai watches as Cole and Zane fought in training. Kai had finished his day of training and the other two were fighting to have him sleep in one of their room for the entire week.

Neither was willing to pass up the opportunity to have Kai sleep in the same room as them just the two of them. Kai was uneasy on the idea, but Lloyd's room was right next to sensei Wu's room and if he made the slightest peep after lights out then lecture time in the morning while Jay was known to sometimes sneeze while sleeping and would electrocute anything nearby and Kai did not want that. His sister's room would be ideal if she didn't sleep talk. That was hard enough to deal with when they were kids.

"I win!"

Kai was snapped out of his thoughts when Zane smiles victorious at winning the match against Cole who curses. "No! You cheated!" Cole argues on the mat. "He did not cheat Cole," Sensei Wu said. "So he sleeps in my room for the week," Zane said looking over and Kai and blowing a kiss at him. Kai gave a awkward smile in return and looks to the others for help who all ran wanting to avoid the wrath of the two ninja chasing after his heart.

Later that night

Kai was inflating the air mattress while Zane was simply looking at him doing it. "Do you wish for help Kai?" Zane asks. "I'm good thanks buddy," Kai answers.

"You know I would be happy to share my bed," Zane said helpfully. "That's okay Zane," Kai replies polite as possible wanting to just go to bed already. "Why is your heart rate elevated at a speed that would suggest fear or nervous feelings? Are you nervous?" Zane asks Kai with a slight tip of the head.

"I am just unsure how to be in the same place with you or Cole," Kai said slowly as he pulled his blanket up his body. "Well you just need to tell Cole you like me," Zane said as a matter of fact. "Zane it's not that simple," Kai said. Zane does not like that answer and frowns. "But I'm better than him why do you like him when I am better as a romantic partner? My calculations say so," Zane said truly confused and upset. Kai was pretty unsure of what to say. "Zane calculations aren't always the factor you choose from. I'm just not sure for reasons I don't understand because I don't want to hurt you or Cole," Kai explains.

"But why not just choose? It doesn't make sense to my scanners," Zane said beginning to have tears form in his eyes. Kai didn't want Zane to be upset and quickly got on the bed with him hugging him close. "Zane I promise I will choose, but just not yet," Kai said hugging Zane close to him. Zane started crying hugging Kai close to him as he burried his face in Kai's chest. The red ninja let the poor heart aching white ninja cry into his shirt until he stopped falling asleep with Zane in Kai's lap snuggled closely.

Kai had no way of removing Zane from him without waking him up so he just laid down going to bed with Zane nested in his arm. Meanwhile Zane smirks as words flash across his vision.

Mission success: Get lover to sleep in same bed with me.

Zane gave a content sigh as he had the warmth from Kai's seep into his other wise cold circuits.

Next Morning

Zane woke up smiling softly as he had Kai sleeping in his bed with his arms around him and sighed content nuzzling the brunette to have more of that beautiful warmth he craves.

I could get used to this.

Zane thinks with a loving flutter of his heart feeling as if he could stay right here forever. The moment was peaceful, but sadly that had to end. Sensei woke them all up for their morning training and when Kai realized he was spooning Zane he blushed and sputters quickly getting up and left leaving Zane alone and without warmth. "Never have I hated Sensei Wu or training," Zane groans upset.