Anti - Social Network

I walk to Neil's tent and see him working hard on the computer. "Aaaand done! Ah, once again logic and proper algorithm design win over chaos and ignorance, Perfect! Ah, I think I'm ready to face the world again. The question is... is the world ready for Neil?" He talks to himself before turning and seeing me. He lets out a little scream. "You startled me (Y/n), what are you doing here?" He asks as he calms down from his little freight.

"Well for starters, that scream sounded a little more then startled" I tease him. "Ha ha, very funny" he says sarcastically. "Also, what did you give the campers, it's like a ghost town out of there" I tell him.

"I just wanted some peace and quiet, so I gave them a chat bot, now I'm gonna go back into the real world" he says as he walks past me.

Alright, I have to see how this goes

I follow him out and see him talking to Nerris, well, trying to talk to Nerris.

"Okay, Nerris! Get ready for me to tap that mana. Let's play the expansion you got" he says to her. "Yeah, okay, cool" she says sounding very uninterested. "Ok...Hey, Nurf. Need a punching bag?" He asks trying to get Nurf's attention. "Uh... Yeah, something something lunch money. Eh... I don't know" he also sounds uninterested.

"Hey! Everybody! No, one's paying attention to me. No one cares. In my effort to take a break from everyone, I... I've warped their minds to totally ignore me" Neil starts saying, to be honest, I don't know if I should feel bad for him or not. "This fucking ruuuules! That worked better than I thought!" Neil exclaims. Apparently not...

"Well I guess it's going to be like this for a while" I tell him. "Sweet!" He sounds very happy.

We decide to walk around the camp. "Oh we should stream this. I mean, it's hypnotizing, just listening to the back and forth" Max says. We walk over to him and apparently in the short time we've been back, Max gave David a calculator.

"Aw, thank you. That is so sweet" David says to it. "Do you like sweets?" It asks. "How did you know? I'm a sucker for trail mix" David replies. "There are many trails to hike in the Sleepy Peak Region. Would you like to... hike?" The chat bot asks. "I'd love to! When would you like to go?" David asks it. "When would you like to go?" The chat bot asks right back. "Uh uh, I asked you first" David happily says to it.

Max walks over to us. "Yeah, dude, Nice going, They actually prefer fake you" Max tells Neil. Suddenly Nikki bumps into Neil.

"Neil?" She asks. "Yeah?" Both Neil and the chatbot reply. "Neil, there's a kid here who looks just like you" she says sounding concerned. "Nikki, it's me!" Neil yells but she doesn't seem convinced.

"He's really annoying. I don't like him" She says to the Chatbot.
"Pay him no mind. Would you like to see a cat video?" It asks her. "Don't ask questions you already know the answer to" She smiles as she answers.

"Hey, that's not right" Neil sounds concerned. "What?" I asks. "Nah, she's got a point. You've been pretty annoying today" Max tells him.

"No, I mean the chat bot. It doesn't sound right. Empathy? Nurturing?" Neil answers me. While Nikki laughs at whatever nthe Chatbot is showing her.

"I didn't program it for that! That kind of conversation branching? And when would I ever want to show someone a cat video? It doesn't sound like my bot. Let me see that" He says as he takes her calculator she tries to take it back but I hold her back so Neil can figure out what's going on. She keeps growling and hissing.

"NeilSpiel version 2.0? It revved! Who versioned up my bot? Who touched my code?!" Neil panics. Nikki grunts and escapes my grasp as she grabs the calculator back and runs off