Camporee

Quick Authors note, this chapter might be a little confusing, it was difficult to write, so if your confused just comment on the part that confuses you and I'll try to clarify

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

Surprisingly no one woke me up, well until now

"(Y/N) GET UP!" Gwen yells. I quickly sit up. "What's wrong is Max hurt" I panic. Gwen laughs at my confused state.

"No, but why Max out of everyone?" She asks. 'Shit, if she finds out then Max would be pissed that someone knows'

"Well to be completely honest Max seems to be the one who would cause trouble and get hurt cause of it" I answer not being as honest as I said.

"Good point, but today is.." Suddenly David barges in "Good Morning Co-Counselors, did you tell her Gwen?!" He asks very cheerfully. "No, I didn't now you should probably go check on Campbell" Gwen yells him sounding annoyed.

"Alright, and smile Gwen, today's going to be a fun day" he walks out.

"Honestly what do you see in him?" she asks while looking at me, I feel my face heat up a little and before I can tell her I don't like him like that she changes the subject.

"Anyway, today is the Lake Lilac Camporee, it's going to be hell, but it's our job, so get dressed and come on" she tells me as she walks out. She peaks her head in again "also you clearly like him cause if you didn't you wouldn't have blushed" she says. I throw my pillow at her. She finally leaves while laughing.

When I'm finally ready for the day I start walking to the mess hall.

Before I get there I hear a trumpet sound. 'this can't be good'

When I finally get there I see the Woodscouts, the flower scouts, and Cameron Campbell.
"So do we get breakfast or not?" Nikki asks.

"The Lake Lilac Camporee is today and that means you little rascals are going to be competing in a series of fifteen events, all of which will be submitted by the participating summer camps, the first five are brought to us by flower scouts troop seven eighty nine" Cameron Campbell motions to them and they do a little curtsey.

"The next five submitted by our neighbors the wood scouts, and the last five presented by my very own Camp Campbell Campers" he finishes.

Max, Nikki and Neil walk over to us. "David, what the hell no one told us about this!" Max complains. Gwen pinches the bridge of her nose. "We literally been telling you every day for weeks now" she groans.

"Yeah but we never listen to you guys, hang up flyers or have (Y/n) tell us" Neil tells her. "Don't add me to this, I'm just learning of this today" I tell them.

"So like, what do we get if we win?" Sasha asks while raising her hand. "What a great question little Sally" Mr. Campbell starts saying. "It's Sasha" she corrects him.

"Whatever, we brought in a panel of three unbiased judges, all qualified enough to score your performances" Mr Campbell then  motions the the judges, who I'm surprised I didn't notice till now.

"The troop with the highest score at the end of the day will go home with the camporee trophy,
a years supply of s'mores, and have their picture featured on the front page of Sleepy Peak Metropolitan section" David adds with a smile.

"Well, I don't care about that shit" Max says sounds annoyed. "Want to ditch this whole thing and roast ants with a magnifying glass?" Neil asks him.

Max smiles and puts his hand on Neil's shoulder. "That's what I like about you Neil, you get me" he tells him

'at least he made some friends'