Reigny Day

I been awake for a while now, but didn't really have the motivation to leave the cabin, and since Gwen is sitting at her desk I assume she feels the same way too.

"Oh great" she says sarcastically. "What's wrong?". "The CCC are coming today, and apparently it's supposed to rain" she answers. The CCC? "Oh the Camp Critic Committee, David was brought them up yesterday, what the hell are they?" I ask.

"They judge camp councilors and the one they either like the most, or who is doing a 'good job' gets an award, it's pretty useless if you ask me, but David always makes a big deal about it and something typically goes horribly wrong".

"When are they getting here, we might have time to warn him" I ask as I walk over to the window and see people in cloaks and David is happily greeting them. Shit.

"Nevermind" I tell her and she walks over to the window and looks out.

"Shit, can you go tell him and I'll try to figure out something else to do so he doesn't make a fool of himself again" she asks as she starts grabbing random stuff.

"Sure" I shrug and walk to the mess hall. David is already talking to the committee.

"We're so happy to have you here today!  It's such an honor to have the Camp Critic Committee visit us again.  You know, after last year's incident, which I would really like to apologize again for that, and incase you were wondering, the camper did survive... Physically speaking" He rambles.

"But, a lot has changed since then! And I think that this year you will see that I am truly, without a doubt, The prime candidate for the "Camp Counselor of the Year Award!" He says very energetically.

The committee writes something down in their little journal.

"Right... well we've got a big day of outdoor activities planned, but as you know the most important start of any day is a balanced breakfast!  Yep, we run a tight ship around here, but we also encourage freedom of expression" He says as he motions to some campers.

One of which is space kid who is dumping syrup in his helmet before he puts it back on and starts drinking the syrup.

'He looks so happy, I don't really want to ruin his day' I walk over to him. "Um, David.." I call out to him and I see the three committee members look at me.

"Oh, don't mind her, that's just (Y/n), she's one of our other councilors, and I'm sure she has nothing to report, cause our camp is great... Have I mentioned how great our camp is?" He tells them kinda rudely.

"Yeah, you have.. but there's something  you sh" he interrupts me

"Have I mentioned how great this camp is" he says through clenched teeth.

"Now, we always make sure our daily activities test the bodies and minds of all of our campers, and today is no exception Behold! " He says as he puts back the curtain and there is a giant obstacle course.

I pull out my phone and open up the weather and start to say "look David" before he interrupts me again

"WHAT, (Y/N)! I have gone through a lot of planning and preparation to make this day happen! So what could you possibly tell me that I don't already know!?" He yells at me.

Just then it starts raining very heavily "It's about to rain jerk!" I show him the phone and walk away from him

'if that's how he is going to act then I hope he doesn't win'

"nooo" I hear him whimper.

Gwen walls in and over to me. "So how'd it go?" She asks. "He's a jerk who doesn't deserve to win" I tell her. "That bad huh?" She asks. I just nod in agreement.