Getting Ready For 'Scary' Stories

After about ten minutes of watching the campers do their activities, Gwen comes out. "Morning sleepy head" I say to her. She just groans in reply. "Where's David?" She asks "normally he would've woken me up by now" she asks.

"He wants to reward the campers, so he went to get some stuff for tonight" I answer. After a few minutes the 'campmobile' returns. " I got everything" David says very energetically as he gets out of the car. "Oh, good morning Gwen".

"Hey, camp man, What's all that shit for?" Max ask as he walks up with Neil and Nikki beside him. "Oh, well you see, I was thinking we had a campfire with some scary stories tonight" David happily answers.

"Do you even know any scary stories David?" Nikki asks. "Yeah, I always pictured you as a child's comedy kinda person" Neil adds. "They got a point David" Gwen tells him as she helps him grab stuff out of the back of the car.

"I know some scary stories, why don't you go back to your activities" David replies, trying to defend himself before walks to the mess hall. "Come on, let's go" Gwen tells them as she starts walking, but soon realizing that I'm not following.

"Aren't you gonna join us?" She asks. "Nah, I think I'm gonna go grab some sticks and try to make a decent fire pit" I reply. "Good idea, I really don't want to hear David cry if this fucking place goes up in flames, oh, you might want this if your gonna make a pit" she says to me as she hands me a tiny planting shovel. She finally leads the kids back to the activities field as I walk into the woods, looking for a small open area.

After a few minutes I find a area. I gather a bunch of rocks, a bunch of different sizes. Soon when I gather what looks to be enough I dig a pit roughly a foot deep. I start placing the stones around the outer layer of the pit when I hear something in the woods. I cautiously look around but don't notice anything. 'must be the platypus' I mumble to myself before I hear something again.

I pick up the tiny shovel. I know it's not much and won't help me against an animal attack, but hey, better to be safe than sorry. After hearing a few more noises David falls out from behind trees . "David! What the hell, you startled me!" I yell at him. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry (Y/n), I didn't try to scare you, but Gwen said you were trying to make a fire pit, so I figured that I'll help" he replies cheerfully. "Oh" he says sounding slightly upset when he see the pits pretty much done.

He walks over to the pit and inspects it. "Hey, that looks good" he comments. "Thanks" I reply.

"Hey, we need to find a place for everyone to sit" he says as he looks around. "Well, I'm pretty sure there's some logs around here somewhere, couldn't we just use one of those?" I suggest.

"That's a great idea, let's go find some" He agrees as he practically runs ahead.

"Found some!" I hear david happily yell. When I walk over I notice him having trouble picking one up. "Need help" I ask him with a slight smirk.

"N-no, I got i-it" he says struggling. "As much as I would love to stand here all day and watch you try to pick it up, it would get the job done faster if we use team work" I immediately regret using that phrase.

"I love team work" he practically yells as he drops the log onto his foot. Granted it didn't fall much since he probably only had it a foot off of the ground.

He makes a pained noise but it seems like he's trying to hide it. "Let me help you" I say as I pick it off his foot. "Are you ok?" I ask slightly worried. "I think so" he mumbles as he moves his foot.

He's slightly limping. "How about we take just this one log and just cut it down when we get back to the site. "Sounds great" he smiles.

After what felt like hours we finally got it to the fire pit. Not gonna lie, it probably would've been a lot quicker with Gwen helping instead of David. She seems to be alot stronger, and with David trying to hide the fact that his foot hurts just made it take longer then needed.

"Now all we need to do is cut it down and it'll be perfect" he smiles. 'if he helps it'll probably end in disaster' I panic to myself. I quickly try to hide it. "I should be able to do it, why don't you go help Gwen out, I mean, it would be great practice for me" I tell him. "Oh, ok" he says with a smile. "If you need help, you know where we'll be" he adds before limping off.

He is one strange person, I can't help but smile as I start trying to cut down log into smaller ones. Which was kinda difficult since the only tool I have is the planting shovel.

After thirty minutes there's another rustling sound in the woods. "David, if that's you, I already told you that I would be able to do this by myself"  I say as I place down a log. "Guess it's good that we're not him" Max says.

I look back and Max, Nikki, and Neil are walking over to me. "Hey camp lady, what happened to David, it looked like he had a hurt paw?" Nikki asks. "Hurt paw?" I mumble to myself but I guess Neil heard it.

"He was limping" he clarified. Max leans against a tree before he asks "so did you snap and hurt him?". "What? No, he tried to pick up a log by himself and dropped it on his foot" I tell him. "Wait, he hurt himself and didn't let out that girly scream of his?" Neil asks. I give them a confused look. "Oh! My! God!" Max yells. "What's wrong Max?" Nikki asks. "Nothing and you" he points to me "Stay away from David" he 'comands'. "Why?" I ask him. "No reason, have fun cutting wood bitch" he says as he starts walking away.  I look at Neil to see if he understands what's going on with Max. He just shrugs at me before Running after his friends. "See you later Twerp" I yell at Max before he's completely out of view.

*Time Skip*

The sun started setting roughly twenty minutes ago, and I finally got everything set up to look somewhat decent. Only got injured a few times. It was mainly splinters, but at least three times I accidentally hit my hand instead of the log with the shovel, so I have a few bruises, and some of them broke through the skin, so it's kinda sore, but I think I'll manage.

On the walk back to the campsite I see each camper doing their own thing. So I try to compliment each of them as I walk past. "Great art work Dolf, good job Harrison now you just have to try to make the bunny reappear, looking cool Erid, Can't wait to see the play Preston, nice knife Nurf, cool castle Nerris, Sweet spaceship Space kid, sweet hole Nikki, interesting experiment Neil"

Each of them say thanks in their own little way. Max wasn't there though. I walk to the Cabin to find a first aid kit.

"Hey Gwen, the fire pits done, and do you know where the bandages are?" I ask, but I see Max in there.

"What's going on?" I ask. "Nothing, Max is just being delusional, the bandages are in the back room" She points. "Thanks" I go and grab it. "I'm not delusional! I seen movies, fine, don't believe me, but you'll see that I'm right" Max argues back. "Okay Max, sure.. why don't you go back to the activities field now" she tells him as he walks out.

"What was that about?" I ask as I sit down on my cot and start wrapping up my hand.

"Don't worry about it, it's just Max being the little shit that he is" She answers. "Looks like we're almost out of bandages'' I inform her. She groans "again, damn it, we just bought them, David really has to stop getting injured"  she mumbles

" Did you finish the Pit?" She asks changing the subject. "Yeah, it took awhile though" I answer. "Well good job I know how.." Gwen gets interrupted by David yelling. "Alrighty campers, time to gather around the greatly made fire pit for some scary stories ". I can tell he's smiling. There is a bunch of groans from all the campers.

"Let's just get this over with" she stands up and I follow her to the pit.

'This is gonna be a long night' I think to my self as I sit down across from David, and between Preston and Erid.